Midwest POA June Brunch: June 22, 2024 1000 CDT, The Jet Room at KMSN, Madison, WI.

I’ve got another pilots n paws run on Saturday. So I can do Sunday morning instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any thoughts on where to go to breakfast Sunday?

Hey all... not going to bother changing the title, but...

I'm going to Benton's (H96) Second Saturday fly in this Saturday, Sep. 14. It's short notice and a long way from Chicago, but if you are looking for an excuse to fly Saturday, here you go.

There's a 50% of rain, and he cancels if it's not vfr, so we'll see how the weather shapes up.
We just flew that route last weekend. I'm trying to talk April into going up north this weekend.

One of these days I'll make an appearance. Hitching the truck up to the trailer now and gonna attempt to fling some arrows in New Mexico.

Any thoughts on where to go to breakfast Sunday?

0aa3542b5da6772053f1a15ef0483b79.jpg

? I don’t have a plane booked yet. I might be flying Saturday instead. Just throwing this out there.

Hey all... not going to bother changing the title, but...

I'm going to Benton's (H96) Second Saturday fly in this Saturday, Sep. 14. It's short notice and a long way from Chicago, but if you are looking for an excuse to fly Saturday, here you go.

There's a 50% of rain, and he cancels if it's not vfr, so we'll see how the weather shapes up.
Well, best laid plans and all that. Benton fly-in canceled for weather.

Hoping to go shoot some approaches....somewhere.

Eric, myself and our wives are planning on lunch tomorrow at KMTO. Should get there around 11:15-ish.

Need a safety pilot?
I never think of that option lol. I was hoping to find some actual somewhere, but if it's a nice day maybe I'll come see you.

Eric, myself and our wives are planning on lunch tomorrow at KMTO. Should get there around 11:15-ish.
Hmmm... Will have to see if I can make that work.

Well, best laid plans and all that. Benton fly-in canceled for weather.

Hoping to go shoot some approaches....somewhere.
Take 'em all the way to the ground and show your stuff at the spot landing contest at MWC tomorrow. That's where I'll be.

It's always a fun time. It started when the former chief instructor at the FBO decided to do some fun things to get people flying, and he invited the county folks to come out. The guy who's in charge of PR for the county airports showed up, got thrown in someone's plane as the bombardier, and had such a blast he's a pilot now. They did the same with a reporter who wrote a great article. The whole thing was so successful that after a couple of years, instead of being funded by $20 entry fees, now the county pays for the whole thing - Food, prizes, and all.

Take 'em all the way to the ground and show your stuff at the spot landing contest at MWC tomorrow. That's where I'll be.

It's always a fun time. It started when the former chief instructor at the FBO decided to do some fun things to get people flying, and he invited the county folks to come out. The guy who's in charge of PR for the county airports showed up, got thrown in someone's plane as the bombardier, and had such a blast he's a pilot now. They did the same with a reporter who wrote a great article. The whole thing was so successful that after a couple of years, instead of being funded by $20 entry fees, now the county pays for the whole thing - Food, prizes, and all.
Well dang that sounds fun, and I could get my new passport stamped. Alas, the wheels are already in motion for a MTO lunch. I followed the airport on fb though, so hopefully next year.

Heads up @crash7 I'll be there, and Teresa is going to drive down and we'll have a couple of the girls, so party of 8 if you beat us.

Well, on my first landing in over a month, I hit something less than 30 feet from the line, earning third place.

I'll take it - I bring one of the worst possible airplanes you can use for such a contest, but in the 8 years I've done it, I have three thirds and a win. Regardless, it's always fun! I was joined this year by some other not-so-spot-landing-friendly airplanes, including a DA42 and an SR20, so it's cool to see more people jumping in besides just the local rental and club Cessnas.

If you need more honey I'll throw in some elk steaks...coming back with 500lbs in the cooler.
Congrats! My one and only elk hunt was a bust, north of Mora, south of Taos and Angel Fire. We were on horseback but the elevation was murder anyway.

Congrats! My one and only elk hunt was a bust, north of Mora, south of Taos and Angel Fire. We were on horseback but the elevation was murder anyway.
Gmu 51. North of Abiquiu, South of Chama. So not far from there. Under rated part of the country. I hunt west of mogote ridge and terrain isn't that brutal. This year camp was 8200. Got over 10k once. Apply for an archery season and I'll call in a bull for ya. 80% success rate over the last 10 years.

Whens the next one of these shindigs? Pretty hectic next month for me but if someone wants some of the best table fare, I'll bring some....provided you promise not to overcook it.
imagejpeg_0_12.jpg

Back