Memphis zoo

simtech

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Simtech
Thinking of going to the Memphis zoo this weekend. Is it easier to get to dewitt spain and go in or olive branch and go in? Ill be coming from south east. So olive branch will be closer but further from the zoo. And not sure how they would route me around mem? Just looking for options..and which place has the better FBO?

I think M01 is closer physically, I have no idea how you would hook up with a rental. Folks do it, I just live so close that I never looked into it. Folks at the airport work for the airport authority. There is no outfit like signature there and no car rental service there that I know of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd go to Dewitt Spain, though it was better before the flood. I can PM you a taxi driver's phone number who will take you anywhere you want to go for reasonable rates.

Olive Branch has always treated me quite well, even arranged a rental car. Based on past experience, that would be my choice. YMMV.

We are going into Dewitt Spain for the fact it is closer to the zoo. Im gonna call them tomorrow. Rental cars is out as enterprise closes at noon on Saturday and needs to have a car back before then. Not gonna happen. So we will take a taxi. Now if the winds don't get to crazy that day.

We are going into Dewitt Spain for the fact it is closer to the zoo. Im gonna call them tomorrow. Rental cars is out as enterprise closes at noon on Saturday and needs to have a car back before then. Not gonna happen. So we will take a taxi. Now if the winds don't get to crazy that day.

It paid attention this morning, it took me less than 10 minutes to get from the Mud Island Bridge (Really A Willis) to the back side of the zoo, straight shot down North Parkway.

Taxi might end up cheaper in the long run anyway. Or you could use Uber if it's active in the area.

Enjoy the zoo. A lot of improvements have been made over the last few years. We usually go once or twice a year with our grandchildren.

There are usually a few CFI's hanging out at Downtown Aviation at DeWitt Spain. You might get one of them to run you over to the zoo for a few bucks if they have time before their next lesson. Too bad about the rental car unavailability. That's a downer.

Enjoy the zoo. A lot of improvements have been made over the last few years. We usually go once or twice a year with our grandchildren.

There are usually a few CFI's hanging out at Downtown Aviation at DeWitt Spain. You might get one of them to run you over to the zoo for a few bucks if they have time before their next lesson. Too bad about the rental car unavailability. That's a downer.

You know....there were about 10 guys just milling around in the FBO yesterday. Dare I say old guys that had CFI swagger? Couple brown leather jackets, coffee cups in hand and eye balling me like I needed and IPC.....wait....I do need an IPC.

Back