Medical Progress Advice

Does the additional testing seem normal?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
?

Hello all,
I have some heart problems and have had surgery to fix then about 5 years ago. Since then, I have been cleared for all intensive activities by my doctor. I was deferred for a special issuance in March and had to submit EKG results, MRI results, and stress test results all with the medical approval /support of my doctor. Today I received a letter from the FAA saying I need more testing including a brain MRI and 24 hr Holter monitor. Before this letter I had assumed that even though the process was long, I didn't have to worry about getting denied. Should I be worried about them denying my medical now or at a higher chance in the future or does this testing seem standard. Also, I should mention that I am applying for a first class medical. I'm not sure if that makes a difference.
Thanks

not knowing all the details of your med conditiion, it appears that if the extra tests req. by the FAA are normal you will likely be granted the SI

I'm guessing here as to your condition, but any neurological disturbance associated with A Fib end up being called ChadsVasc 5 and can't be certified. I hope you have Zero AFib on your recording.....you need to exclude it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back