Lowrance Airmap 500 Aviation GPS

autothrust

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
autothrust
Lowrance Airmap 500 Aviation GPS For Sale.

Moving Map
Built In WAAS
Mount
Antenna

Still have the box it came in and all manuals.

I used it for about a year back in my freight flying days. It's been in the box since. I have a picture of it that I can e-mail to anyone interested.

PM me back if interested. Thanks.

$100 plus shipping.

Last edited:
The database will be out of date and cannot be updated but I still use mine. Because it is black and white the battery life is very long. Days compared to the hours of a tablet. Screen is bright and it has night backlighting.

I suppose Lowrance saw the advent of tablets and stopped supporting aviation GPS. I wish they a look had kept it going.

I suppose Lowrance saw the advent of tablets and stopped supporting aviation GPS. I wish they a look had kept it going.

Lowrance aviation products were great. They were on the verge of releasing XM weather capable devices. Then they were purchased by a Swedish (?) company with a maritime focus and the parent company directed them to focus on marine products.

This was per a conversation I had with Daryl Lowrance about a year after the company was purchased. At that time, he expected the next generation of aviation products to be released, but obviously the parent company decided otherwise. 6 months after my talk with Daryl, all of the retailers had a fire sale of their remaining products, and shortly after that the company vacated the aviation business entirely, including the database update business.

Back