Looking for Private Pilots who are available for short flights

Robert_Flight

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Robert_Flight
Looking for private pilots who have the availability to offer flights (300 miles +/-) for passengers who will provide shared cost donations and gratuity – you should own a plane (or have access to a plane) and have no less than 1000 hours of experience or hold an instrument rating or better, and are current.

Looking for private pilots who have the availability to offer flights (300 miles +/-) for passengers who will provide shared cost donations and gratuity – you should own a plane (or have access to a plane) and have no less than 1000 hours of experience or hold an instrument rating or better, and are current.

Willingness to ignore FAA regs a must.

What's your contact info?

I've got a buddy who would love to provide 135 services on his Private ticket. It supplements the $ he makes as a FSDO inspector.

Definitely not legal. If such activity becomes publicly visible in quantity the FAA will be all over the involved parties.

Thanks but no thanks. Worked to hard to get my ratings.

Has it occurred to anyone that Mr. Bobflight is probably trolling?

Wow, "donations and gratuity"... Someone is going to make out like a bandit on this deal..

/Sarcasm off

Maybe our new friend is an FAA troll.

I'll do it. But I need you to help me cash a check first, see I'm deposed Royalty had to flee my country, I have a lot of money coming my way but it isn't here yet. Once the money is in flying around is what I'm going to do and I would love for some gratuity.
Sorry english not my first language gratuity synonym for nudity, yes?

Lol! How did I know these responses would come in. Only thing missing is Ron with a Chief Counsel letter. :)

Has it occurred to anyone that Mr. Bobflight is probably trolling?

Or doesn't really understand that "Private Pilot" is a specific level of certificate that does not convey to the holder the privileges that he's trying to have them exercise. To the vast majority of the general public, a "Private Pilot" is one who doesn't fly for the airlines and a "Commercial Pilot" is one who does fly for the airlines. They have no idea what an ATP is or that they're completely wrong.

The specified operation (flights ~300nm with pax with no common purpose and paying money for a pilot and an airplane) requires at least a commercial pilot certificate and part 135 air carrier certificate. But it seems the only person here who doesn't get that is the OP.

Or doesn't really understand that "Private Pilot" is a specific level of certificate that does not convey to the holder the privileges that he's trying to have them exercise. To the vast majority of the general public, a "Private Pilot" is one who doesn't fly for the airlines and a "Commercial Pilot" is one who does fly for the airlines. They have no idea what an ATP is or that they're completely wrong.

The specified operation (flights ~300nm with pax with no common purpose and paying money for a pilot and an airplane) requires at least a commercial pilot certificate and part 135 air carrier certificate. But it seems the only person here who doesn't get that is the OP.

Or possibly he does, hence my comment.

Does this have anything to do with the mile high club?

The OP sent me a private message asking for clarification, explaining they he understood that a private pilot is allowed to request monetary donations for the pro rata operating costs for passengers. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that this is a legitimate question but post my response here for everyone's benefit.

Yes, a PP may share pro rata operating costs provided there is a common purpose of the flight. Many chief counsel opinions have been written about what constitutes "common purpose", but the common theme is that the FAA tends to take a pretty limited stance on "common purpose". The OP doesn't say what he is proposing but it sounds like he's setting up something that allows PPs with airplanes to provide air transportation. That suggests the possibility of "holding out" air transportation services to the general public...a bit part 135 no no.

Finally, the OP mentions in his message, in addition to collecting "donations", a pilot can receive a gratuity. It doesn't matter what you call the financial transaction; once a PP starts accepting money in exchange for flying he is dangerously close to establishing himself as an illegal charter operation. I don't know if the OP is proposing another online ride-share or an aviation version of Lyft; either way it sounds like a **** magnet for certification action.

I'm writing the chief counsel to ask if a private pilot can receive sex as compensation for flying. We might not like the answer but should get a laugh.

I'm writing the chief counsel to ask if a private pilot can receive sex as compensation for flying. We might not like the answer but should get a laugh.

Screen caps/pics pls. :lol:

What exactly is considered sex?

You're just going to ruin it for the rest of us...

I'll do it! For six hunnit and fiddy dollars .... :D

six-hunnit-fiddy-dollars.jpg

I'm writing the chief counsel to ask if a private pilot can receive sex as compensation for flying.

I don't see how it can be compensation. I would say that it is a social interaction, like talking.

Just like a conversation, it doesn't have intrinsic or lasting value.

Logging flight time has lasting value for someone wanting a commercial job, so the FAA considers that as compensation. Having a conversation does not have lasting value, and neither does sex.

Unless a baby results. That would change the argument completely.

Make sure you have them define sex in detail as well, there has to be a loop-hole

The OP sent me a private message asking for clarification, explaining they he understood that a private pilot is allowed to request monetary donations for the pro rata operating costs for passengers. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that this is a legitimate question but post my response here for everyone's benefit...

Sounds very plausible to me. We forget that many people who are not regulars on aviation message boards have never heard of the FAA's non-obvious interpretations of their regulations.

Back