London Telegraph (NYC) re F-111 pilots on Tripoli 1986 mission

SunTel

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SundayTelegraph
Hello, I'm the US Editor of The Sunday Telegraph and we're trying to speak to pilots who flew the Tripoli raid in 1986 about their memories and experiences - in light of what's happening in Libya now - in the ground and the air. If anyone can speak to me about this, can you please contact me directly on 202 255 0454 or philip.sherwell@telegraph-usa.com

Many tks, Philip

Given that Gaddafi has never rescinded the $1M bounty on the head of anyone who flew that raid, I doubt you'll get many takers. AFAIK, the crew list remains classified, and although the Telegraph is better than a lot of the other British rags (Sun, Mail, Express, etc), the press has a penchant for blowing security.

I would be very happy to talk to someone anonymously. And tks for pointing out the difference between the Telegraph (we're a broadsheet and we have a strong record on military and defence affairs) compared to the tabloids you mention.

I absolutely appreciate the issue of security and confidentiality and as I say I would not need a name if someone contated me via email or PM.

Thanks again, Philip

Back