KWWD - Wine Lovers Sunset Cruises

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
Looking for a place to take your Bride and fly your plane too....

Sounds like a nice overnighter in Cape May, NJ. Spend the day walking the Cape May specialty shops (Mary has me trained) or a quick trip to Wildwood for the boardwalk followed by a fun night aboard the CMLF. Hotels will be off season rates so it should be fun and not to expensive.

Anyone interested?

Popular Wine Lovers Sunset Cruises Return Aboard the CMLF

Special Cruises Scheduled for late September and early October​

(Cape May, NJ) Today, Cape May – Lewes Ferry (CMLF) officials announced that a series of four (4) Wine Lovers Sunset Cruises on the Delaware Bay will be offered in late September and early October, beginning on Friday, September 23. The Lewes cruises will depart the terminal on four consecutive Fridays at 4:15 p.m. while the Cape May cruises are scheduled to leave the terminal on successive Saturdays at 6:00 p.m.

According to Michael Porch, Marketing Manager for the Cape May – Lewes Ferry, the Wine Lovers Sunset Cruise is that unique remedy for residents and visitors looking to take a break from the ordinary. “What a memorable, romantic way to experience the Ferry and the wonders of the Delaware Bay as a foot passenger,” Porch said. “It’s a great way to enjoy some good conversation and sample the world’s finest wines while gazing at a beautiful sunset on the Delaware Bay. The Twin Capes resort region continues to bustle with activity and the Ferry puts you right in the middle of it all!

Enjoy a summer sunset on your cruise across the Delaware Bay as you savor some of the finest wines the world has to offer along with a variety of delectable hors d’oeuvres. The first series of Wine Lovers Sunset Cruises were held in June 2006 and have continued to be extremely popular with both residents and vacationers.

Lewes Cruises: Fridays, September 23, 30 and October 7, 14
4:15 p.m. Departure/Return 7:15 p.m.
Host: Outlet Liquors
Hors d’oeuvres: Café Azafran
Entertainment: Cathy Gorman, Soloist

Cape May Cruises: Saturdays, September 24, and October 1, 8, 15
6:00 p.m. Departure/Return 9:00 p.m.
Host: Hawk Haven Winery
Hors d’oeuvres: Island Grill
Entertainment: Allan Weber and Frenz (Sept. 24 & Oct. 15)
Lois Smith (Oct. 1 & 8)

Check-in begins in the ferry terminal 30 minutes before cruise time. The cost is $39, which includes a round-trip foot passenger ticket, wine samples and savory hors d’oeuvres, informal discussion about the wine, the opportunity to purchase featured wines by the glass, and live music. Participants must be 21 years of age or older. Space is limited! Reservations are required at 1-800-64-FERRY (33779).

Last edited:
Well, it looks like we are going to be in Cape May on October 8th. I don't think we will be doing the wine cruise but we will be spending the day at the ......hold on to your hat.....

The West Cape May Annual Lima Bean Festival is the one event you must attend. Great food, quality vendors, antiques, entertainment and fun. Come out and celebrate West Cape May's farming heritage. You will never think of legumes the same way again. Located in Wilbraham Park from 9:00AM to 5:00PM. October 8, 2011, Rain date October 9.

If anyone makes the October 8th cruise we would love to catch up. Help a fellow pilot out, I can only take so much lima bean excitement. :crazy:

You're gonna freeze your *ss off.

FYI

Anyone flying in for the wine festival, wine cruise or lima bean festival be advised......NO FUEL at KWWD

There is 100LL fuel available at KMIV and KOBI.

WWD 10/001 WWD SVC 100LL FUEL UNAVBL
WWD 09/014 WWD SVC JET A FUEL UNAVBL

You're gonna freeze your *ss off.

Saturday
sunny.gif
Sunny. Highs in the lower 70s. East winds around 5 mph...becoming southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.

Last edited:
I'm glad the weather is cooperating! Have fun!

One week earlier, and it would NOT have been pretty,

Gary. Do you know why there isn't any fuel at KWWD?

Gary. Do you know why there isn't any fuel at KWWD?

Big Sky closed their doors.....

There may be a deal in the works for them to provide SS 100LL for the next few months. I also hear there are a few folks interested in opening the FBO but it seems to be a slow moving process....on the airport end.

I also found out this morning that Ace Sharper is now part of Hertz.....the times they are a changin'.....

Hope the move to Hertz from Ace won't jack up fees. Ace was pretty reaonable.

Back