KCSG - Columbus, GA

ebetancourt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Ernie
I have used this as a lunch/refueling stop on the way to/from FL in years past. Did again yesterday coming back from FL. Nothing has changed, it's still great. FBO (Flightways Columbia) treats the SELs just like the jets. Bottled water in a cooler on the flight line, great crew cars (Taurus with less than 25K miles yesterday) to get lunch, all at no extra cost. (42 gallons of Avgas @ 4.23 plus tax though).

Yesterday we discovered a great place with really good Cajun food - Cafe Le Rue. If I was closer it would be my $100 burger. Turn in to the mall with Applebee's on your left, and they are a little past on the right. Two hours each way in the Waco though. :sad:

Ernie

I have used KCSG as well. Great airport, nice FBO. I had no use for the car but they did drive me to and from the hotel. I got the claim for the GoFlyAmerica challenge for this airport. I would love for that type of challenge to come back again. It was so fun!!! hint, hint.

First time there was last November, about 0100 EST. I was IFR on the RNAV 13 approach, still 2 miles out, couldn't make out the runway. Finally saw blue and figured out where it was. Vis was over 10 miles, ceiling 8k -- I just couldn't see the lights! (KCSG is has a highway and shopping on one side, pine trees and sand on the other).

Once I touched down it was obvious that 13/31 light intensity was far, far less than the main 6/24.

Lesson learned.

Thanks for the PIREP!

I flew in there a few years ago for my bro-in-law's Airborne graduation jump. Now we live just south of ATL, so an afternoon trip for some good food is a definite possibility!

Back