Jeppesen charts now available in Foreflight

CAN I TRY JEPPESEN IN FOREFLIGHT FOR FREE BEFORE I PURCHASE A COVERAGE?
A free trial of Jeppesen charts on ForeFlight Mobile is not available at this time.

While I totally understand why there isn't a free trial, I wish they would provide something like a 30-day trial for small money. Give folks like me, who haven't ever used the Jepp product to see if it's worth the full subscription costs.

I am debating upgrading to the Jepp charts. The cost is a little high but not that high. I have used Jepps for 39 years and, to me, they are much easier to glean the information. I think that is mainly due to familiarity of the format. In looking at the chart someone posted, it took me a second to know that the minimums were for the various approaches (much cleaner layout). With NOS, since they are used by the military and have information on there that is only germane to them, I have to think a little about which number to use. Again, a familiarity issue. Are the charts worth $199? Not sure yet but I will probably add them.

I will be at Oshkosh and go by and play with them at their booth and make a final decision.

So, if you already have a JeppFD subscription, you can link it to FF at no additional cost, did I read that correctly?

So, if you already have a JeppFD subscription, you can link it to FF at no additional cost, did I read that correctly?

That's what it looked like to me on my foreflight. The place where you can buy in the app, it says if you already have a subscription just sign in.

I think so. From ForeFlight's Jeppesen page:

I HAVE A SINGLE PILOT JEPPESEN CHART SUBSCRIPTION FOR MY PANEL-MOUNTED AVIONICS. DOES THIS SUBSCRIPTION ALLOW ME TO ALSO VIEW JEPPESEN CHARTS ON FOREFLIGHT MOBILE?

The chart subscription you purchase from Jeppesen for your panel-mount avionics includes access to activate Jeppesen charts on up to 4 devices. You will sign in using your Jeppesen credentials in ForeFlight Mobile to activate Jeppesen charts on your two iPads and/or one iPhone.

That's what it looked like to me on my foreflight. The place where you can buy in the app, it says if you already have a subscription just sign in.

I had jeppFD as well, I called jepp earlier (15 min wait) You have to deactivate the subscription on jeppFD then reactivate it on foreflight. If you are like me and had a Nav subscription with them for your GPS unit you are only allowed to activate the FD subscription on one device. If you want more than one you have to buy the foreflight package.

I had jeppFD as well, I called jepp earlier (15 min wait) You have to deactivate the subscription on jeppFD then reactivate it on foreflight. If you are like me and had a Nav subscription with them for your GPS unit you are only allowed to activate the FD subscription on one device. If you want more than one you have to buy the foreflight package.
That's just silly since Jepp lets you have JeppFD on multiple devices.

Think I'll just keep JeppFD and FF separately.

I kinda thought the reason for a $400 tablet was so you didn't have to pay $398 for charts - silly me. Leave it to FF and Jepp to figure out how to convince pilots to pay paper prices for electronic data.

It's been so long since I used jepp charts. I'm staying with the free charts.

I kinda thought the reason for a $400 tablet was so you didn't have to pay $398 for charts - silly me. Leave it to FF and Jepp to figure out how to convince pilots to pay paper prices for electronic data.

It amazes me how much of your life you devote to trolling threads about products you hate.

I kinda thought the reason for a $400 tablet was so you didn't have to pay $398 for charts - silly me....
Because there can only be one reason for people's buying decisions?

I just tried it, and I am happy.

I was already subscribing to Jepp for MFD charts for a region of three states. So at no extra cost, in the FF app I just entered my Jepp login, clicked download, and voila I now have a choice of Jepp vs Gov terminal charts for those three states. For other states I still have Gov charts on FF, as before.

Last edited:
I've been using the jepp plates on the Garmin Pilot app for quite some time now. I find myself using both the gov charts and jepp to stay current with both.

Can someone recommend a good intro course to Jepp charts, for someone who has only used government charts so far? A video would be great, but a good book would work too (under 1000 pages hopefully!). I don't mind paying a bit for it. I've watched the King Schools Jeppesen chart course and it's ok, but it also seems to be about 17 years old.

Can someone recommend a good intro course to Jepp charts, for someone who has only used government charts so far? A video would be great, but a good book would work too (under 1000 pages hopefully!). I don't mind paying a bit for it. I've watched the King Schools Jeppesen chart course and it's ok, but it also seems to be about 17 years old.
Jepp has a free PDF guide on their website.

I ran across this awhile back:

Jeppesen Chart Clinic http://craigmorton.com/ifr/

Back