It's officially official - Colorado.

Scottsbluff is "a little north" of your route, if you're flying the Avanti. If you're ground-pounding, and you end up in Scottsbluff, you missed your turn a LONG time ago. But you did get to see The Other Oshkosh! (Oshkosh, NE, KOKS - Can't believe there's an airport there, because there sure as hell ain't anything else!!!)

The good news is, it's actually a lot easier to end up on I-76 going toward Denver than it is to stay on I-80, when you get to that junction, especially from a left-lane dweller like it sounds like you are! ;) http://goo.gl/maps/lKFS
I SUPPOSE I can take the right lane, if I have to. But I'll probably complain about it. Junelle wants to stop in Des Moines on the way to see some of the old sights (and get Palmer's for lunch), so that's probably going to dictate much of our route.

You have my sympathy, I've traveled with cats before. :hairraise:

I know Scotsbluff is north of the route but someone else specifically mentioned it as a terrrible place so thought I'd add a different impression.

There is no national monument that could possibly make up for the unbelievable nothingness of Scottsbluff. Maybe the Grand Canyon. Maybe. IMHO. :cornut:

And ease up on cats. We have four!!! I helped my sister move, driving a Sub Legacy wagon from Sandpoint ID to Squaw Valley CA with her cat. Great driving companion. Let her out in the motel after a long day of driving, she did her biz, slept the next day until arrival. Now a dog? -- :cryin:

Guess I'm easily entertained.:tongue:

I love cats. Have only one now, has been up to three. None though have been good travelers. Getting to the vet in a trial, cross country an ordeal. Current cat does settle down in minutes at the motel but in motion, she just don't like it and lets us know.

It's amazing, Andrew, isn't it, what all can come out of that cat and it still not implode!

Actually this particular cat, I must admit, is a pretty good traveler. This will be his fourth long drive with us (DSM-LEB, LEB-AUG, AUG-ORF). He wines a bit for the first few minutes of city driving, but once we're on the highway he just kind of plops down and sleep/watches us. We tried to take him out at a rest stop a few times so he could eat and do his business...just ran right back into the carrier. He's better in the car than he is on the sofa, usually!

I didn't realize it was possible for a cat to ****, vomit, and pi$$ simultaneously. But, as it turns out, it is. :hairraise:

Clearly you haven't transported two plane loads of cats from Cozumel in your Matrix. ;)

• Out of state plates
  • Speeding
  • Going to another state
Yep- looks like another drug runner! I read in the paper last week that someone actually got their cash back. NE State police seized it because their drug dog reacted to it- only took 2 years to get his money back.

I overnighted in Lincoln a few weeks ago. Stayed downtown in the Holiday Inn. If you stay by the airport, yeah, that's a whole bunch of nothingness. I actually enjoyed downtown Lincoln. Went to the nightlife district down by the RR Sta, I forget what they called it, and ate at a decent microbrewery. Took a stroll around UN campus the next morning in 15deg temps and no socks. Brr.

Once past Lincoln though, yeah, I'm sure all bets are off. I can definitely write off Scottsbluff!!!!!!!!!!:D

I overnighted in Lincoln a few weeks ago. Stayed downtown in the Holiday Inn. If you stay by the airport, yeah, that's a whole bunch of nothingness. I actually enjoyed downtown Lincoln. Went to the nightlife district down by the RR Sta, I forget what they called it, and ate at a decent microbrewery. Took a stroll around UN campus the next morning in 15deg temps and no socks. Brr.

Once past Lincoln though, yeah, I'm sure all bets are off. I can definitely write off Scottsbluff!!!!!!!!!!:D
The Haymarket? Nice area, close to the university.

Back