Integrated Schools, ATP, CAE Oxford, PAN AM Aerosim

Rebin

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Rebin
Hey guys I would just like your opinion about the schools mentioned above. I would like to find a good school that has an Integrated Program to become an airline pilot. It really doesn't matter where in the world it is. If you could also give me some info about the flight school that partners most with the airlines. Also does that mean that a graduate from the school would have more chances to get a job after getting his fATPL?

If there are any current or former students at any of the schools, I would really appreciate your input and advice.

gazelle-popcorn.gif

1. Get a 4-year degree, anywhere cheap, in anything that interests you beyond aviation.
2. Get a job, any job, that allows you to pay as you go. Do NOT rack up huge student debt.
3. Get your ratings outside of the pilot mills, from instructors with some salt.

Money wont be an issue, I can pay for the whole program without having to work. I just want to get my ATPL as fast as possible, good training is important, and get hired by the regionals or anywhere they want to hire someone with an ATPL and 1500 flight hours

ATP Inc is one of the worst places to go, fast food instruction for steakhouse prices.

Get your CPL at a local place, best to do your initial stuff in a tailwheel or glider, the speed you complete has WAAAY more to do with the student compared to the school.

Degrees arnt what they used to be, I wouldn't worry too much about one, but while you're building hours get a cheapie 4 year online, many places will credit your flight ratings and some hours towards your degree. Again nowadays airlines arnt being as picky about pointless degrees as they used to be.

After your CPL get a flying job and start building up to the 1500.

Hit ATP mins and you'll have no problem getting on to a 121 airline of some sort.

Any one on hear has any experience with CAE Oxford? I really would just like to know if there is a school that has an integrated program that I can finish within 2 years and get my ATPL

As in 0hrs to 1500hrs and full ATP mins in 2 years?

I don't think so.

Also you would look a little odd compared to the other canadates who built their hours as a working pilot, not that the regionals have much room to be choosie right now.

Back