In HIMS for 2.5 YEARS, Still Nothing

A

Anon

I have been in the HIMS since June of 2022. Have completed everything they have asked, as soon as it was asked. All reports from Doctors I have are great and my AME says he has full confidence I will be cleared and he supports this decision. However I have been in review for 5 months now , since April 2023, after doing IOP, drug test, screenings, therapy, AA.. etc for a whole year now. I have not heard a word. I am young and ready to start this career path, should I assume I will hear something soon or is the FAA way behind ?

I have been in the HIMS since June of 2022. Have completed everything they have asked, as soon as it was asked. All reports from Doctors I have are great and my AME says he has full confidence I will be cleared and he supports this decision. However I have been in review for 5 months now , since April 2023, after doing IOP, drug test, screenings, therapy, AA.. etc for a whole year now. I have not heard a word. I am young and ready to start this career path, should I assume I will hear something soon or is the FAA way behind ?

What were you deferred for and had to go through HIMS?

Washington is one year behind.

The AMEs get letters that say to the sponsoring HIMS AME, "please keep your file updated so that when we get to your file we wilhave current information".

That means, the one year HIMs Psychiatrist report.
Continued group aftercare
continued tTesting

....so that when they get to you you don't get anohter demand letter--for all of the above.

Washington is one year behind.

The AMEs get letters that say to the sponsoring HIMS AME, "please keep your file updated so that when we get to your file we wilhave current information".

That means, the one year HIMs Psychiatrist report.
Continued group aftercare
continued tTesting

....so that when they get to you you don't get anohter demand letter--for all of the above.

I thought OKC handled alcohol/drug cases. What is sent to Washington?

When someone @ OKC thinks there is some merit but doens't want to act alone, he/she calls for backup.

So, if your case isn’t sent to Washington, how long is it currently taking OKC to review?

So, if your case isn’t sent to Washington, how long is it currently taking OKC to review?
Mine took 17+ months total and I can easily say I was perfect and 100% compliant. I even did items they didn't request in anticipation that they might request it. I finally wrote my Senator and got an medical in 3 weeks. I spent over $30K.

Mine took 17+ months total and I can easily say I was perfect and 100% compliant. I even did items they didn't request in anticipation that they might request it. I finally wrote my Senator and got a medical in 3 weeks. I spent over $30K.
Like LeonLowe, Can you also DM me so I could have an idea what to write my senator?

I spoke to Al and he doesn’t recommend it unless it’s been over six month. But we need to get him on Joe Rogan to share the absurdity of his medical
I’ve been waiting for answers/progress since March while appealing. Side note, Not sure why but I don’t have the ability to direct message anyone (or don’t know how).

Mine took 17+ months total and I can easily say I was perfect and 100% compliant. I even did items they didn't request in anticipation that they might request it. I finally wrote my Senator and got a medical in 3 weeks. I spent over $30K.
Damn. I am like you, I have them everything they could possibly want and even did things before they asked like the cogscreen and neuropsych eval. I'm worried it's going to still be a nightmare. I'm sitting at $12k right now. I called the FAA this week and they claim I'm under review waiting on a decision. My medxpress account doesn't show that, so idk we'll see. Curious to know what you had to go through! Glad you got your medical

Back