Im like a kid with a new toy!!

Cool photos

Last edited:
For all we know, there's a rated pilot in the right seat monitoring the approach. Cut the guy some slack and don't assume he's being unsafe.

I don't think Mulligan is too concerned with MAKG's comments, or anyone else's. He's a big boy and has been training almost constantly since he started. He'll be ok.

Yeah he is, that's really why he has a C206! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The 206 maybe going up for sale. With the 5 of us and fuel needed to meet our mission, we are still coming up short. Seriously considering a DA62 believe it or not.

The 206 maybe going up for sale. With the 5 of us and fuel needed to meet our mission, we are still coming up short. Seriously considering a DA62 believe it or not.
Will you take 49k in cash?

Cool beans! (grandson taught me that, means pretty cool)

Ya gonna wear a Caterpillar hat when flying it beings it's diesel powered.

is

Last edited:

Will a DA-62 do that much better on load than the 206? I got the impression that they're more 4 passenger twins. I may be confused with the DA-42 though.

John

Will a DA-62 do that much better on load than the 206? I got the impression that they're more 4 passenger twins. I may be confused with the DA-42 though.

John

The DA-42 is the 4 seat twin. The DA-62 is the 5-7 seat twin with a useful payload of 1,600LBS to that give me 1,000LBS with full fuel and a range of 1,000NM at 200KTS. Basically can make it to anywhere we would normally travel non-stop and while the cost to maintain would be much higher, the fuel burn alone compared to the 18-20GPH 100LL that I am burning now vs. the Jet-A would more than likely offset that :) At least that is the story I'm telling my wife. I start Multi Training on Monday so we will see how that goes.

The DA-42 is the 4 seat twin. The DA-62 is the 5-7 seat twin with a useful payload of 1,600LBS to that give me 1,000LBS with full fuel and a range of 1,000NM at 200KTS. Basically can make it to anywhere we would normally travel non-stop and while the cost to maintain would be much higher, the fuel burn alone compared to the 18-20GPH 100LL that I am burning now vs. the Jet-A would more than likely offset that :) At least that is the story I'm telling my wife. I start Multi Training on Monday so we will see how that goes.

Very nice! I always liked the idea of the diesel twins. Such low fuel burn and a twin for redundancy. Best of luck with it.

John

DA-62 is so awesome...

Dude I think I just found my new favorite airplane.

Damn you're burning up the ratings! Should've got with ya! ;)

New tricks, you're not hitting on me are you? :eek:

ps be glad to tag along

Last edited:
New tricks, you're not hitting on me are you? :eek:

ps be glad to tag along

Well it is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to nice of a day not to fly. Going to head to lunch and then depart KBHM around 1:30 for KAUO. If you look up around 1:38 ill give you a little wing rock.

Next time I overnight in BHM if you just want to give me your 206, I'd be happy to take it for you so you've got space for the DA-62, I won't even charge you anything for my services.

The very same reason I don't care.

Not sure I get it, but ok.

He means you post whatever you want to post here and then make sure to generally ignore the 100 post *****-fest that erupts immediately thereafter, perhaps scanning for sane responses from people you know personally.

Picturehack: If you have Rosen visors (tinted), take forward pictures through it, it will filter the prop.

Thanks for the tip. Incredible flight this am from KAUO to KBHM so I figured I'd give it a shot. Here are the results so others can visualize what you describe!

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1054.JPG
    IMG_1054.JPG
    658.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1055.JPG
    IMG_1055.JPG
    664.3 KB · Views: 15
Back