I'm giving up on this WX - how about Phoenix?

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
Suppose a guy wanted to get out of this snow and cold, if only for a few days. Suppose he wanted to go to Phoenix and catch a little Spring Training. And suppose he wanted to go to, say, the Surprise, AZ part of town.

Any particular hotels to recommend? Any other tips or tricks on getting around to a couple of different training sites?

I'd suppose that the guy would consider bringing something to wear besides summer shorts and flip flops.
It's not like up north however currently 36023G30KT CLR 30F

Now suppose another guy wants to balance the equation/planetary load by going from PHX to some obscure dirt road in the mountains 30 miles west of DEN right now...

I'd suppose that the guy would consider bringing something to wear besides summer shorts and flip flops.
It's not like up north however currently 36023G30KT CLR 30F

I guess a guy would just have to deal with leaving this behind:
[FONT=Monospace,Courier]34012KT 10SM CLR M12[/FONT]

A 10C difference plus an additional 15kt windchill. It's pretty much a wash.

A guy would be disappointed because the ball parks are empty now. A guy would probably want to wait until Feb 26 to make sure everyone is there unless a guy likes seeing just pitchers, catchers and injured players. Or the guy could just go to key west instead:cornut:

Yeah - that's why a guy may be willing to wait another 3-4 weeks.

As long as the liquor can hold out, that is.

--

About 10 yrs ago I was driving to work, listening to the radio. The high temp for the day was supposed to be 5. The radio guy started reading the forecast. The other radio guy said, "Give me that". Then he said, "Now read it."

First radio guy reads, "The high for today will be 72."
Second radio guy says, "That's an old radio trick."
First radio guys says, "Dude, I feel MUCH better!"

--

Just thinking about spring can go a long way!

Palm Springs is only a couple hundred miles west of PHX. I'm here for a month. Cold and windy today, high 59F. Had to play a course surrounded by mountains to escape the wind. Come on out.

Palm Springs is only a couple hundred miles west of PHX. I'm here for a month. Cold and windy today, high 59F. Had to play a course surrounded by mountains to escape the wind. Come on out.

Lick me.

Attachments

• DSC02640.JPG
    DSC02640.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 24

I got ya Palm Springs right here! It looks like the frickin frozen tundra here. Two feet of snow on the ground covered by a layer of ice.

:incazzato:

Now suppose another guy wants to balance the equation/planetary load by going from PHX to some obscure dirt road in the mountains 30 miles west of DEN right now...

There aren't any "dirt" roads west of DEN right now. They're buried in snow. ;)

There aren't any "dirt" roads west of DEN right now. They're buried in snow. ;)

Yea. Quite undrivable in a 5 ton motorhome. There's one section of that specific road that's a hassle even when it's high friction dirt. I'm not sure it's even doable right now without digging to dirt for about half a mile. We could probably do it with chains and a great deal of effort if we really had to though.

Dad always said you gotta be smarter than what you're working with.

Dad was right, which (unfortunately) leaves me right out there in the cold.

At this point, I am not smarter than the buttons on my shirt.

The difference is:

Those of living above 40 North Latitude are mildly annoyed with the weather...
Those of living between 40 North and 30 North are sputtering and annoyed..
Those living below 30 North, are about catatonic with chilblains...

I prefer being mildly annoyed with the weather...

denny-o

There is a nice airport at Goodyear, AZ. Just a little SW of Phoenix and close to spring training fields. When I left on the 28th of Jan. it was 70-78 degree range and short wearing weather. I wouldn't have left if my wife had been able to return from her Doctor's appointment.

Yea. Quite undrivable in a 5 ton motorhome. There's one section of that specific road that's a hassle even when it's high friction dirt. I'm not sure it's even doable right now without digging to dirt for about half a mile. We could probably do it with chains and a great deal of effort if we really had to though.

Don't mess around, get a cat...I've got an Eight firing up tomorrow morning to deal with a little extra blown in snow.

Back