Ignore thread

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
I don't use this feature at all, so I have a question

When I log in, I mostly use the "new posts" to find the latest action in the various conversations (threads).

If a thread is discovered that I find I'm not interested in, will selecting "Ignore Thread" under thread tools prevent it from showing up in the "New Posts" search? How about when I view the list of threads in the various Forums (like Hangar Talk or Flight Following)?

I don't use this feature at all, so I have a question

When I log in, I mostly use the "new posts" to find the latest action in the various conversations (threads).

If a thread is discovered that I find I'm not interested in, will selecting "Ignore Thread" under thread tools prevent it from showing up in the "New Posts" search? How about when I view the list of threads in the various Forums (like Hangar Talk or Flight Following)?

I don't use it either. But, if I remember right, it will disappear from all views. You basically won't know that it exists anymore.

The only real way that you can get back to it is by going to "User CP -> Ignored Threads".

I don't use it either. But, if I remember right, it will disappear from all views. You basically won't know that it exists anymore.

The only real way that you can get back to it is by going to "User CP -> Ignored Threads".

I believe that ignored threads will show up when you view all posts made by someone or all threads started by someone.

But, "new posts" will not include anything from ignored threads.

I use it frequently. For threads in which I have absolutely no interest (NoCal fly-ins while I live in TX) or which have run their course in terms of constructive posts but seem to hang on purely for rimshots, the feature is a Godsend.

I wish that placing a user on my ignore list would also make threads created by that user disappear.

Just "ignored" one of the frequent spammers of the Classified subforum. Still see the threads, but just can't see any posts in the threads.

Back