I have plans

It would be really fun to go in on your last day and tell your boss that you've had a change of heart and will work another year. At the end of the day you could say "April fools!!" :lol:
That made me laugh out loud!

:thumbsup:

You are a few years ahead of my time line. Have a wonderful, long and healthy retirement. And don't make yourself scarce around here.

That's an AWESOME retirement plan. Except for Chaucer. Just couldn't get into him. Brian Greene, Richard Feynman, and some Douglas Adams to mix things up a bit.

When and where is the Party?
The party is at Airman Acres in Collinsville, OK. I think it will be the end of June. Stand by for a more firm date.

All of you are, of course, invited.

Since none of your plans are set in stone, can you work a little longer to help out your procrastinating boss ? :p
If they can get around to it, I might work remotely as a consultant. They have floated the idea, but need some more time to decide whether to make an offer.

Meantime, my house in White Plains will be on the market soon. The $3000 we got from the insurance for the hurricane damage has been "matched" with another $30,000 of our own and the house has a new kitchen, bathroom, walls, paint, insulation, refinished hardwood floors, lighting fixtures, cable in every room, blinds and curtains. Ow, my aching back.

Those are great letters to write congrats. Did it read like this one?
Nope.

It is my intention to resign from my position as Lead Software Test Development Engineer with FujiFilm at end of day on April 1, 2013.

I will be retiring from full-time work and moving to Oklahoma to be closer to my family and spend time with them. The time has come when my aging physical and mental abilities have made the accomplishment of my daily job too difficult.

I have enjoyed working with you over the past five years and appreciate the opportunities for personal growth and learning you have given me. It has been a pleasure to build our little team of automation testers and to share my experience and knowledge with them. The team is trained to continue in my absence and they will do very well. However, I will be available in future by telephone or even personally as needed.

Thank you for all you have done and the opportunity to work with you and my other family here at Fuji. You will all be missed terribly.

Sincerely,

Peggy McMath

It would be really fun to go in on your last day and tell your boss that you've had a change of heart and will work another year. At the end of the day you could say "April fools!!" :lol:
Instead, I think I'll order pizza for the crew.

You are a few years ahead of my time line. Have a wonderful, long and healthy retirement. And don't make yourself scarce around here.
This is the porch I intend to build my swing on. Come on over for a glass of pink lemonade anytime.

Nope.

It is my intention to resign from my position as Lead Software Test Development Engineer with FujiFilm at end of day on April 1, 2013.

I will be retiring from full-time work and moving to Oklahoma to be closer to my family and spend time with them. The time has come when my aging physical and mental abilities have made the accomplishment of my daily job too difficult.

I have enjoyed working with you over the past five years and appreciate the opportunities for personal growth and learning you have given me. It has been a pleasure to build our little team of automation testers and to share my experience and knowledge with them. The team is trained to continue in my absence and they will do very well. However, I will be available in future by telephone or even personally as needed.

Thank you for all you have done and the opportunity to work with you and my other family here at Fuji. You will all be missed terribly.

Sincerely,

Peggy McMath
Congratulations, Peggy. Pulling the pin, when you have it planned is very very sweet :)

That's an AWESOME retirement plan. Except for Chaucer. Just couldn't get into him. Brian Greene, Richard Feynman, and some Douglas Adams to mix things up a bit.
Thanks. I wonder if they still make Readers Digest Condensed Books?

I've already read Feynman and Adams a few times. Don't think I'll ever understand string theory, though.

Reminds me of when I was a young high school student trying to understand the Big Bang theory and reading books from some obscure physicist (Gamow) in the library of one of the Cambridge colleges (St. John's?). Maybe I'll revisit his work and see what a half-century has done for my understanding (and his).

Who has replaced Asimov? Maybe I'll read Richard Greene instead.

I sincerely hope you achieve all of your retirement plans :yes:

Omedeto gozaimasu AP! One of these days I'm doing to do it myself!

Can't speak (or write :) Japanese, but Congratulations Aunt Peggy! I m just a little ways behind you.

If you hurry you can get to OK for tornado season. ;)

Back