How is Dr Bruce to help with medical?

It's the #2 cause of cancer death in men. Only behind Lung cancer. And it's a really, really hard way to go.

I didn't know that. So I checked the CDC website and you are right, it is #2.

#3 is colorectal. Screening for that is something that nobody argues about, do they? An exam at 10 year intervals starting around age 50. Lots of lives saved, without the damage from false positive test results that are the issue for prostate.

It's the #2 cause of cancer death in men. Only behind Lung cancer. And it's a really, really hard way to go.

I have it on good authority that not many people die of it. So if it's really the 2nd leading cause of men's death, then that must mean that not many men die. Great. This means I will live forever.

Thanks Henning!

25% of male deaths are from heart attack. 21% are from cancer.
58% of male cancer deaths are from lung cancer. 21% are from prostate cancer.

0.21 times 0.21 equals .0441 or 4% of male deaths result from prostate cancer.

25% of male deaths are from heart attack. 21% are from cancer.
58% of male cancer deaths are from lung cancer. 21% are from prostate cancer.

0.21 times 0.21 equals .0441 or 4% of male deaths result from prostate cancer.

D@mn that means I'm not living forever. Gee thanks Aunt Peggy.:mad:

In all that verbiage, there is no clear indication of exactly what your beef with the good doctor entailed. If I want to be vague, I usually write less rather than more.

Quote from a non medical know-it-all that claims his status from sitting behind an autopilot for hours on end telling himself that makes an experienced pilot... right!

Tell that nonsense to the many that die of it and stick to watching Otto. Your contribution here is useless.

Actually he was correct. From cancer.org circa 2014.

"Prostate cancer can be a serious disease, but most men diagnosed with prostate cancer do not die from it. In fact, more than 2.9 million men in the United States who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point are still alive today."

This has not changed since I graduated from MUSC about 19 years ago.

Actually he was correct. From cancer.org circa 2014.

"Prostate cancer can be a serious disease, but most men diagnosed with prostate cancer do not die from it. In fact, more than 2.9 million men in the United States who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer at some point are still alive today."

This has not changed since I graduated from MUSC about 19 years ago.

Nothing in what you quoted discuses screening vs no screening.

Guess what? People who were diagnosed and did not die include those who were diagnosed through screening.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back