How do you find out about events?

MotoFlier

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MotoFlier
How do you find out about fly ins and such at local airports?

Our FBO has flyers hanging up in the window. The local EAA chapter sends out emails about fly ins, and word of mouth.

Aopa has a fly-in calendar and events page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually use an air show calendar. Find one at a civil field that allows fly-ins and go. Just gotta arrive before the TFR starts. I think AOPA posts a schedule of fly-ins in their mag as well.

Plenty of local stuff listed on the board out at the airport as well.

My airport is a ghost town I'm actually a member of a flying club there I've been several times and have only met one other member.

I just downloaded the social flight app seems pretty cool loots of stuff within 250nm.

We have a newsletter and event calendar called Louisiana Aviator. The guy who maintains it does an amazing job of tirelessly compiling anything aviation related in and around the state and sending it out.

Social flight,and many of the aircraft specific forums,also POA.

My airport is a ghost town I'm actually a member of a flying club there I've been several times and have only met one other member.

I just downloaded the social flight app seems pretty cool loots of stuff within 250nm.

I don't know what part of ky your from but there is a pancake breakfast in morehead east of Lexington once a month. I've been once. We have a guy at the airport I trained out of that has a cookout once a month as well.

I get this email each week about this time (it's far longer in the warmer months):

Saturday looks like a good day to fly. Better get out and get some airtime while the weather permits.

Today is Veteran’s Day. Thanks to everyone who has served.

Andy

November 14 – Carlisle, AR – Carlisle Municipal Airport (4M3) EAA Chapter 122 UL will host a Fly-in / Drive-in Coffee & Doughnuts 8:30 – 11:30 AM. This is a recurring event on the second Saturday of each month. Come to socialize. For additional information go to: eaaul122.org Contact Steve Ware @ 501-606-6672

November 21 – Berryville, AR – Carroll County Airport (4M1) Fly-in or drive-in breakfast from 8:30 till 11:00am. Eggs, sausage, pancakes, juice/milk $5.00 plates. Fuel is $4.00 per gallon 100LL. This will be a reoccurring event the 3rd Sat of each month. For info call 870-423-8393 or 870-423-7854

November 21 – Pine Bluff, AR – Grider Field Airport (KPBF) fly-in breakfast 3rd Saturday of every month. Our specialty is eggs anyway you want them, from fried to eggs Benedict. You should try our omelets. Come enjoy your breakfast in our WWII style Officers Club. A $7.00 donation gets you all you can eat. Contact: GERALD @ 870-377-2728 or email: gwloyd@hotmail.com

November 28 - North Little Rock, AR – NLR Airport (KORK) EAA chapter 165 Luncheon on the 4th Saturday every month, served, 11 to 1PM in the EAA hangar which is heated for the winter months and has big fans for the summer time. A donation of $7.00 is suggested for all you can eat and the menu is different each month. This will be the last lunch for he year. Usually there is formation practice for RV's in the morning and sometimes again after lunch. Contact: Marvin Homsley 419 360-7414

December 5 – Ponca City, OK – Ponca City Regional Airport (KPNC) First Saturday breakfast. 7:00 – 10:00 AM Fantastic food; very well attended long running event. For a suggested $7.00 donation (and well worth it) you can have pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, biscuits & gravy, orange juice, coffee, and fruit. Sponsored by PNC airport booster club on the first Saturday of every month rain or shine. Contact Bruce Eberle 580-761-5884 ou444@yahoo.com

December 12 – Carlisle, AR – Carlisle Municipal Airport (4M3) EAA Chapter 122 UL will host a Fly-in / Drive-in Coffee & Doughnuts 8:30 – 11:30 AM. This is a recurring event on the second Saturday of each month. Come to socialize. For additional information go to: eaaul122.org Contact Steve Ware @ 501-606-6672

December 19 – Pine Bluff, AR – Grider Field Airport (KPBF) fly-in breakfast 3rd Saturday of every month. Our specialty is eggs anyway you want them, from fried to eggs Benedict. You should try our omelets. Come enjoy your breakfast in our WWII style Officers Club. A $7.00 donation gets you all you can eat. Contact: GERALD @ 870-377-2728 or email: gwloyd@hotmail.com

*** Sometimes plans change and it is advisable to check before you go. ***

If you would like to be removed from, or added to, this email distribution list just send me an email.

Blue Skies,
Andy

Holy links! Thank you.

Do you have to be a home builder or fly experimental for the EAA stuff?

Holy links! Thank you.

Do you have to be a home builder or fly experimental for the EAA stuff?

No. You probably need a $10 bill or less to eat, but no membership and usually no plane is required. That is, drivers, passengers as well as pilots are welcome. Heck, come by our pilot's lounge ANY 8:00 am and join us for a free cup of coffee and an hour of hangar talk.

Search meetup.com too, I've found some active groups on there.

Back