Hi and hello, an introduction

Pilotsnowden

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jake
This forum attracted my attention from a Google search and I got a quick peek and realize it’s a GREAT PLACE!

My aviation background goes way back to the mid 80’s when I learned to fly in a ‘68 C150. I never did finish my certificate but I try to be actively involved at my local sky park along the northern border of Oregon. By trade I’m a professional artist and have presented hundreds of sculptures and paintings in art shows around the country. The career has made me a million a few times over and I’m lucky. Back when I was in college, I met the love of my life, Anna, but we never married nor had children. I felt marriage wasn’t in the cards for me and she was fine with it, but it didn’t stop us from living common law and having a great life together. I’m fortunate to have found someone so sexually compatible with me as she is. Her and I have been in an open relationship for going on 26 years. The societal norms of marriage and being tied down kids just never appealed to me and I probably wouldn’t have had such a diverse career and met so many great people.
At some point I will be retiring and I plan to purchase an RV (road vehicle and aircraft) and finish my rating and use the other for Anna and I to travel the country. She’s always wanted to visit Texas and Florida and we plan to spend a couple months in Amarillo where her now ex boyfriend was from, along with a garden variety of friends from college. Don't get me started on this election cycle.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me, I’m glad to be here and I hope to add in where I can. My flight experience is quite limited but I plan to change that fairly soon.

Jake

This forum can probably help you with the RV stuff, but likely not the rest.

And the only things with seeing in Amarillo are Cadillac Ranch and Palo Duro canyon. That's a weekend.

The FAA medical application asks if you've abused illegal drugs in the past two years, so you might or might not want to wait on that. In the meantime, Sport Pilot or gliders may be viable options.

This forum attracted my attention from a Google search and I got a quick peek and realize it’s a GREAT PLACE!

My aviation background goes way back to the mid 80’s when I learned to fly in a ‘68 C150. I never did finish my certificate but I try to be actively involved at my local sky park along the northern border of Oregon. By trade I’m a professional artist and have presented hundreds of sculptures and paintings in art shows around the country. The career has made me a million a few times over and I’m lucky. Back when I was in college, I met the love of my life, Anna, but we never married nor had children. I felt marriage wasn’t in the cards for me and she was fine with it, but it didn’t stop us from living common law and having a great life together. I’m fortunate to have found someone so sexually compatible with me as she is. Her and I have been in an open relationship for going on 26 years. The societal norms of marriage and being tied down kids just never appealed to me and I probably wouldn’t have had such a diverse career and met so many great people.
At some point I will be retiring and I plan to purchase an RV (road vehicle and aircraft) and finish my rating and use the other for Anna and I to travel the country. She’s always wanted to visit Texas and Florida and we plan to spend a couple months in Amarillo where her now ex boyfriend was from, along with a garden variety of friends from college. Don't get me started on this election cycle.

Anyway, thanks for listening to me, I’m glad to be here and I hope to add in where I can. My flight experience is quite limited but I plan to change that fairly soon.

Jake
Things have changed a bit since the 80s. All the FAA handbooks are available free online and getting your knowledge back up to speed will take a bit more than the stick and rudder stuff.

Jake
Welcome to the joint. What stopped you from continuing with flying back then?

Mid 1980's. He's 44 now. So....he was 6 and itd be another 10 years to solo. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Jake
Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

Jake
Seeing as how you two are so sexually adventurous and you are going to become a pilot, might I offer this as some food for thought.

tenor.gif

Mid 1980's. He's 44 now. So....he was 6 and itd be another 10 years to solo. Ain't nobody got time for that.
I turned the big 6-0 this year. I punched my birthdate year incorrectly into here upon registration.

Things have changed a bit since the 80s. All the FAA handbooks are available free online and getting your knowledge back up to speed will take a bit more than the stick and rudder stuff.
I’m sure. I will need to get caught up.
Drug problems. Fortunately I’m humble enough to admit it. Had a bad opioid addiction, got a dui etc. I’ve lived life in the fast lane for several decades. Light sport is probably my only hope at this point in life, the cards have really stacked against me.

…Light sport is probably my only hope at this point in life, the cards have really stacked against me.
MOSAIC is right around the corner. But you dealt those cards.

Back