Hangar parking: nose in or tail in?

08Romeo, tail first in the hangar. I believe there is a citation at KWWD that has a door on each side of the hangar that he can pull through. I'll have to check next time I get over there for breakfast.

I have a castering nose wheel. It's easier to pull out without the tow bar, and then push in with the tow bar.

Thus, nose "usually" points out. On occasion I'll turn her around to allow for another plane to fit, but that's rare.

... I have two castering nose wheels and no tow bar, as she normally sits weighing in around 2700lbs, I just push it out and back in, it's fun with wet shoes on the epoxy floor.

I figure when I can't push her out and in by myself I'll probably be having issues with my medical ;)

As for the position thing again, it also looks bitchin hitting the open button and seeing the nose of your plane as the door opens

Because airplanes look cooler from the front so when the hangar doors are open people can see how cool your flyin' machine is.

attachment.php

Nose in? I can barely get the tail in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 39
Cause I don't like having to walk around the wing and wedge myself between the wing and the hangar to get to the nose to push the plane out. Nose is right there in the open when I open the hangar door when I bring the plane out and put it back in.

Back