Greenland pilot ?

Exp Pilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Exp Pilot
Would anyone know of a pilot in Greenland that I could contact ? I may be making the trip in another month or so. I was able to find a somewhat affordable insurance that is required by the EU.

Thanks

Would anyone know of a pilot in Greenland that I could contact ? I may be making the trip in another month or so. I was able to find a somewhat affordable insurance that is required by the EU.

Thanks
Try contacting @Katamarino who has on POA somewhat frequently, and has flown there during his world-round flight documented here a year or so ago. Have a great trip!

I don't know any pilots in Greenland, but I flew through there myself, and know quite a few others who have also been. Happy to help as much as I can.

The big question I’m curious about is, does anyone check for the insurance requirement? Also the AIP mentions only 2 landings within Greenland, are overflights, or tourists held to this? What about parking overnight at Sisimuit, or Ilulissat, is there space for small aircraft?

Nobody checked my insurance when I flew through. I stopped in Narsarsuaq and Kulusuk.

Which section of the AIP are you referring to?

Back