good project aircraft?

Looks interesting. I don't know that much about Bo's. What would that airplane in say 8/8 condition with the existing motor go for on the open market?

Weren't you looking for a good, fast x-country plane a while back?

larrysb said:
Looks interesting. I don't know that much about Bo's. What would that airplane in say 8/8 condition with the existing motor go for on the open market?

Weren't you looking for a good, fast x-country plane a while back?

I don't know the market on the Bonanzas.

I thought I would like a quick little scooter but maybe not.

i dont know much about them either, but have heard they can be expensive to mainain. And annuals run a little higher than average.

larrysb said:

Nine years ago I sold a 1954 model with about 1000 hours on the engine and adequate avionics for almost $50k. It did have tip tanks, a pretty decent interior and exterior (maybe 7/7) and was fully equipped for IFR including stormscope, 2 axis AP, and a JPI engine monitor. My guess is that if this one were similarly equipped and had a decent interior, it would be worth $55-65k. Without tip tanks and just basic navionics, more like $50k.

lancefisher said:
Nine years ago I sold a 1954 model with about 1000 hours on the engine and adequate avionics for almost $50k. It did have tip tanks, a pretty decent interior and exterior (maybe 7/7) and was fully equipped for IFR including stormscope, 2 axis AP, and a JPI engine monitor. My guess is that if this one were similarly equipped and had a decent interior, it would be worth $55-65k. Without tip tanks and just basic navionics, more like $50k.

At 35k buy, and 55k top dollar, we have 15-20k to work with. that's a paint job, plus maybe a gps/com.

If you get it up on jacks and find any thing wrong your over budget.

and here is a paper weight.

PROP: 868 Hours SPOH on the Beech 2 Blade Electric Prop

On second look it isn't a great deal even for an A&P

NC19143 said:
and here is a paper weight.

PROP: 868 Hours SPOH on the Beech 2 Blade Electric Prop

As long as the prop was serviced regularly (grease the pitch change mech every 200-250 hrs) the prop wouldn't give me any heartburn. AFaIK there aren't any AD's against this prop and they work fine as long as they are maintained properly.

Other than that I agree with the rest of your analysis. $35k seems a bit pricey for a C35 with zilch for radios and no interior. If everything else was perfect it might be a good buy especially for someone sitting on a pile of good used avionics.

Back