FS: New Battery, G242

Bob Kutzler

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
flyingbk
In September we purchased a Gill 24v battery for our 1980 Cessna 182 for $366. Added the acid and charged it. Then discovered that it would not fit due to a different terminal setup the Cessna's previous owner had installed. Because we added the acid, it is not returnable to dealer.

It has not been used, and will accept any reasonable offer, local pick up only. It is located at Lehigh Valley International (KABE) Pa.

Thanks

Attachments

• Gill Battery.jpg
    Gill Battery.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I just happen to need a G-242, but wonder what the issues are associated with shipping a wet battery from NJ to KS.

Where did you get it for $366.

Also, do you mind if I cross post this over to the Socata.org website? All of the Caribbean series aircraft use the G-242. TB 9/10/20/21

-Jim

Jim - My understanding is that you cannot ship a battery that has the acid already in it. And yes, you are welcome to cross post this to any site possible. It is just a shame for the battery to sit. We have an account at a local Aviation parts dealer who gives us good prices. But it would make a great excuse for a cross country flight. :)

In September we purchased a Gill 24v battery for our 1980 Cessna 182 for $366. Added the acid and charged it. Then discovered that it would not fit due to a different terminal setup the Cessna's previous owner had installed. Because we added the acid, it is not returnable to dealer.

It has not been used, and will accept any reasonable offer, local pick up only. It is located at Lehigh Valley International (KABE) Pa.

Thanks

This battery is still for sale, if anyone wants a new battery at a fraction of the cost, let me know.

Back