FS: A Spot in the OSH Trailer - $275

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
What is the "OSH Trailer"?:
It's a 16 foot trailer (that lives in a pilot-farmer-friend's barn near Oshkosh, WI for 51 weeks per year) in which to permanently store your Airventure camping gear.

Why?
I bought this trailer four years ago, when I knew I would be down-sizing from a 4- to 2-place aircraft. Keeping your gear in Oshkosh means you can show up with clothing and a toothbrush, instead of hauling everything back and forth.

How does it work?
Each year, on the Sunday before the show, our farmer friend (or a member of the Trailer Trash, as we call ourselves) hauls the trailer to the North 40. Whomever is the first to arrive -- and there are three separate aircraft who all try to arrive on Sunday -- unloads their stuff.

IF prearranged, this person will unload your stuff at his site, before hauling the trailer to a nearby location. If this isn't prearranged, your stuff will remain in the trailer, and you will have to schlep it to your campsite from wherever the trailer gets stashed for the week. (This location has changed, over the years.)

Obviously, it's best if you arrange to have your stuff prepositioned in the North 40, but if you're unsure of your arrival, or whatever, it may be best not to.

What do you get?
You get a giant Tupperware footlocker with your name on it. These things are 4' long, 2.5' tall, by 2.5' wide. Use this to store tents, sleeping bags, etc, that you want kept clean.

You also get space for 2 bikes, folding chairs, and SOME miscellaneous items. Everything should be clearly labeled with your name.

At the end of the week, the process is reversed. If you leave early, you will have to either schlep over to the trailer with your stuff (we have a kid-carrying trailer that hooks to a bicycle, just for this purpose). If you stay till the end, we haul the trailer out into the North 40 for reloading, which is obviously much easier.

Right now we have four "Every year" members, one "every other year" member, and one "guy who sends money that none of us remember what he looks like" member. lol Annual dues (for trailer storage and maintenance) are $75/year.

We have taken a vote and decided there is room for one more. Interested? PM me.

Thanks for the secret,I knew you couldn't be getting all your gear in the RV.

does the trailer have a stripper pole?

About ten of us split a climate controlled storage locker (10x20) just south of the field off the frontage road on highway 41. Whoever gets in first borrows a vehicle and goes and retrieves the stuff. If you're really lucky, someone has already set up your tent by the time you get in.

Back