FS: 1946 Aeronca Champ 7AC

jnmeade

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim Meade
1946 Aeronca Champ 7AC LSA compliant 2727 AFTT. Continental A-65-8 1216 EngTT 198 SMOH. Hours as of August 2015 Annual. Good condition, good flyer. External antenna with BNC connector for handlheld. T&B on venturi. $22,500. Iowa City, Iowa.

I learned how to fly in a 7AC, one of my favorite airplanes of all time.

Good luck, but with those times and that airframe I'm guessing it'll be a quick sale.

Ceconite 1992. There was a ground loop in 2012 and 6' of the left wing and both ailerons were covered using the Stewart process.

I'm selling it because I'm getting ready to build a RANS S7 and need the room.

Ceconite 1992. There was a ground loop in 2012 and 6' of the left wing and both ailerons were covered using the Stewart process.

I'm selling it because I'm getting ready to build a RANS S7 and need the room.

Nice, so basically this one is ready to go with no major projects.

Nice, so basically this one is ready to go with no major projects.

That's right, it's in good condition. Yes, there are little things a person could do to personalize it, but it's by and large a good little airplane with nothing wanting.

It flies very nicely. I was out doing steep turns and stalls yesterday and it was well behaved in all respects. Today, I flew 1.5 hours including some cruising around and 8-10 wheel landings to keep my touch. It's sweet to fly.

Do you have any pictures you can share? I have been considiering a cub but my mechanic/friend tells me a champ would be more comfortable for my size.

Do you have any pictures you can share? I have been considiering a cub but my mechanic/friend tells me a champ would be more comfortable for my size.

A Champ is more comfortable than a Cub for anyone larger than a Chimpanzee, which is what it appears the were designed for considering what it takes to get in and out of them.:lol:

A Champ is more comfortable than a Cub for anyone larger than a Chimpanzee, which is what it appears the were designed for considering what it takes to get in and out of them.:lol:

True but the main reason I greatly prefer a Champ is sitting up front solo rather than first trying not to dislocate any of several joints getting into the rear seat of a Cub and then trying to read the few gauges at a location not adaptable to any of the lenses in my glasses (not that you really need to read them if you can see the gas float) :D

Cheers

What is the useful load?
Pictures?

Back