Flying to Dallas

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
If you had a meeting in downtown Dallas, near Deley Plaza, what GA airport would be the most convenient and best for a single engine? I would not need a rental car, a taxi would do fine, a tie down for a few days and still end up with money left in wallet would be great.

Is Love Field really the only choice or would Addison work?

I am open to other suggestions too.

I have two weeks of meeting in Dallas come November and for one of them I am thinking of not going commercial.

KDAL really inst bad. I go there often to Vitesse Aviation, Nice place easy to get a fuel discount if you say something. Caddy Escalade crew car

Redbird (now Dallas Exec) KRBD also not bad at all. Gets overlooked never understood why? Cheap A$$ Gas..around 3.50/gal SS.

Eat at EL Fenix on Mckinney..best F'n Mexican food in the whole world, lots of business people there. Very close to Dealy plaza

Last edited:
KDAL is technically closer, but more friends over at Addison. Wayne Bower and a few others office there and might be able to hook you up with the services you need.

Also hop over to DFWPilots.com and their forum. And let us know when you're in town. We do an irregular hanger flying dinner gathering and could include one of the evenings you're here.

For downtown, I'd suggest Love (KDAL). Many good FBOs (I have personally used Business Jet and Regal (now, Textar).

On a map, Dallas Executive (KRBD) is nearly as close, and the gas there is a lot cheaper (with no loss of service), but it is on the other side of town.

Addison, of course, is my home plate, but no one would accuse it of being convenient to downtown Dallas.

I'd probably go to RBD... Now that Cutter is gone, I can recommend all (both) of the FBOs on the field. Ambassador and Business Jet Center are both excellent and can handle your needs.

It's quite close to downtown (10-15min drive).
The only reason it gets overlooked is b/c its South Dallas... You've heard of the south side of chicago? Same story... The airport is totally fine, and no problem, but in general I avoid south dallas.

Good experiences here at RBD. Transportation was easy, fuel cheap, and good service from ATC. I've had good luck with Jet Center.

Back