Fly-ins/pancake breakfast stops in VA/NC?

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
Looking for any regular scheduled weekend pancake breakfast fly-ins or similar get togethers in the Virginia/North Carolina region?

I know about the Soup on Sunday at Campbell Field, but so far that is the only one I've found.

Any other ideas?

Not a "regularly scheduled" event in the sense of recurring monthly or whatever, but I just received this notification of an upcoming even in Salisbury, NC (KRUQ).

"EAA Chapter 1083 Safety Seminar & Cookout!"
Topic: Beyond the Preflight
On Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM
3330 Airport Loop
Eagles Nest EAA Hanger
Salisbury, NC 28144

Also, on any pretty Saturday or Sunday, there are likely to be some pilots/planes around lunchtime at Rutherford County (KFQD) or Martinsville, VA (KMTV). Of these,KFQD is a bit more satisfactory for visiting with other pilots, as they are confined to a smaller space on the porch of the 57A Cafe.

Wells

Not a "regularly scheduled" event in the sense of recurring monthly or whatever, but I just received this notification of an upcoming even in Salisbury, NC (KRUQ).

"EAA Chapter 1083 Safety Seminar & Cookout!"
Topic: Beyond the Preflight
On Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM
3330 Airport Loop
Eagles Nest EAA Hanger
Salisbury, NC 28144

I'm planning on flying up to RUQ from EQY...not that far of a trek, but its a reason to get out.

I'm planning on flying up to RUQ from EQY...not that far of a trek, but its a reason to get out.

I might go. Look for a red and white 210 (radar pod under right wing).

Wells

Looking for any regular scheduled weekend pancake breakfast fly-ins or similar get togethers in the Virginia/North Carolina region?

I know about the Soup on Sunday at Campbell Field, but so far that is the only one I've found.

Any other ideas?

Do you have your plane up and running yet?

5nc3 on any nice saturday or sunday is a happening place. Taxi right up to the restaurant. google pik-n-pig

At KTTA we host a cook-out the 2nd saturday of every month. Usually a pretty good crowd.

Check the EAA calendar when it starts warming up in late april. There will be something to do practically every weekend

I do plan to make the trio to see Chris sometime before he leaves for overseas. Is your 170? being worked on out of state or do you have it there with you?

That's a bummer but you will get to fill a few more states in when you fly it to Norfolk!!!!

5nc3 on any nice saturday or sunday is a happening place. Taxi right up to the restaurant. google pik-n-pig

I've always wanted to go there, but it's a bit of a haul for me at my current speeds / time and money constraints. They claim require permission to land...is this the case? Or do they not care?

I've always wanted to go there, but it's a bit of a haul for me at my current speeds / time and money constraints. They claim require permission to land...is this the case? Or do they not care?

They don't care.

I went to the fly-in at Rowan County today and learned that they do have an event each first Saturday of every month.

I saw THIS there:
(looks like the broken leg on the Louisville player in the game against Duke)

Wells

Attachments

• 2013-04-0612.10.32.jpg
    2013-04-0612.10.32.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 17
I went to the fly-in at Rowan County today and learned that they do have an event each first Saturday of every month.

I saw THIS there:
(looks like the broken leg on the Louisville player in the game against Duke)

Wells

Ahh yes, the Wilga! Complete with a propeller that spins the wrong way.

Every 3rd Saturday of the month at 8AM EAA chapter 1114 has a pancake (eggs,bacon, sausage too!)breakfast followed by a guest speaker Visitors always welcome!
Cox field in Apex, NC,
FAA Identifier: NC81
Lat/Long:
35-45-06.5440N / 078-51-35.0260W
35-45.109067N / 078-51.583767W
35.7518178 / -78.8597294
Field elevation: 460.
Runway: 9/27, 2400. turf
Preferred T/O: to west, downhill
Preferred Landing: to east, uphill
Preferred pattern: south side of US64
Comm: CTAF, 122.9 (please use!)