FltPlan.go

Rc1234

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Randy
I’m having problems with my IPad locking up when using FltPlan.go app…it might work on one leg correctly, then after landing and taking off on next leg, it locks up,or it might work for a while and then freeze up…the only way to fix it is to turn off iPad and restart…only problem is that in the air there is no internet so it won’t work..any ideas? P.s. I’m a mental midget with computer technology..

There have been stability issues with FltPlan Go! for years. It's far, far better than it used to be but I wouldn't trust it as my primary EFB for IFR.

But...
only problem is that in the air there is no internet so it won’t work.
FltPlan Go! does not need an internet connection to start up and operate. It has the ability to download all the charts, maps, etc in advance just like other EFBs. But if you have been playing with it on the ground, you may have set it to use online charts rather than the ones you told the app to download. That can cause problems too.

:yeahthat:

If you’re using online maps in the air, you might be having intermittent internet connectivity that’s causing the lockups.

I have been playing with it too see if it was worth switching to. There is a learning curve to it but it has been very solid with an iPad mini. So likely it is the offlie map setting that is typing you up.

I was having similar issues, even with downloaded maps. I solved it by upgrading my iPad mini to a newer model. Never locked up again. But I did switch to FF as primary EFB.

I've used FltPln Go on an old Samsung tablet for years. It's completely stable on approach plates but often quits on maps when I zoom in or out. Doing so slowly helps but isn't foolproof. When this happens I have to restart FltPln, not the device. If I flew more I'd probably spring for Garmin or Foreflight, but FltPln works for me and the price is right.

Thanks for all the replies..I always used Garmin pilot with no issues, but I can’t trust FltPlan.go , so will have to subscribe to Garmin pilot again..

Back