First time 3 class med cert dui 13 yrs ago

Krisybbypilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Kristy
Ok so I am wondering if on my application do I put my dui that is 13 yrs almost 14 yrs ago on my application? I have tried looking it up on the courts and can’t find it anywhere. I know cause my paperwork. So with that being said what if any advice do you have? Thank you!

You must report a DUI no matter how long ago it is. It would behoove you to work a little harder for the records. Did you have an attorney at the time? Have you inquired with the courts and the arresting jurisdiction as to whether they have any records (not just what you can poke at via the web)?

The FAA will want this information before they approve you. They would really like to see that your BAC was under 0.15%. That or above, or with a refusal or no information, they will assume you might have developed a substance dependency that resulted in that tolerance.

I have all my documents I had an attorney as well I completed everything I was suppose to as well In the time frame.

I have all my documents I had an attorney as well I completed everything I was suppose to as well In the time frame.
Find a good senior AME in your area who works with difficult cases and schedule a consultation prior to going in for an actual exam. Bring all your documents.

Ok so I am wondering if on my application do I put my dui that is 13 yrs almost 14 yrs ago on my application? I have tried looking it up on the courts and can’t find it anywhere. I know cause my paperwork. So with that being said what if any advice do you have? Thank you!
Maybe it wasn’t a DUI, how old were you? Sometimes they are sealed or expunged. You might find a lawyer that could do a search of the records before you report something that may not have happened.

I'm certain that the FAA can find it if they go looking for it. Tell the truth as it makes it easier to sleep at night ...

Your state’s BMV will have records.
Probably not. They'll likely have the fact you were convicted and that any related suspensions or revocations, but they are not involved with the arrest or prosecution.

What you will need from the state's licensing folk is a driver's history showing that there weren't any other alcohol/drug related incidents.

What was the BAC and how many DUi's were there? That's gonna have a lot to do with how difficult this process is going to be. If you have all the records then you don't have to worry about the courts. You can supply them to the FAA if needed. I wouldn't suggest lying just because you can't find a record of it with the courts though. As suggested, not a bad idea to consult with an AME before doing anything.

Did you go to court what happened How old were you. Was your license suspended?

Back