FAA Airmen Certification Branch Efficiency!

k9medic

Line Up and Wait
N Central FL and GTC Bahamas when off work
Display Name

Display name:
ATP-H, CMEL, CSEL, CFI/CFII Airplanes and Helicopters
I have to applaud the Airmen Certification Branch for their efficiency. Seriously!

My son took his PPL on August 27th and just got his hard card on September 30th. The card arrival might have been sooner had it not been for Hurricane Helene.

Those folks must be working really hard in that office to churn these out.

FWIW, he's taking his private multi engine (VFR only) checkride this morning so we will see if the pace holds true.

Last edited:
I have to applaud the Airmen Certification Branch for their efficiency. Seriously!

My some took his PPL on August 27th and just got his hard card on September 30th. The card arrival might have been sooner had it not been for Hurricane Helene.

FWIW, he's taking his private multi engine (VFR only) checkride this morning so we will see if the pace holds true.
Multi in ~30 days? Where is he training?

Over in Crystal River. He’s pretty much been flying every day with the exception of during the hurricane.

Once he gets his multi done, I will do his instrument work in our 310 or the 421 so he will build multi PIC time and instrument time as he works towards a commercial rating.

My son took his PPL on August 27th and just got his hard card on September 30th. The card arrival might have been sooner had it not been for Hurricane Helene.

Once the FAA finally gets the rule making done to remove expiration dates from instructor certificates the work load will reduce over the next 24 months and you may see even shorter times.

My dad's old flight instructor retired and was working out of Crystal River.

Recently registered a plane whose registration had expired… in the past this has been taking a year or more. This time, a month or so ago, maybe 3 weeks.

A replacement airworthiness cert, 3 days?

These are good things.

Congrats to your son! Bravo to you for that kind of support!

Once the FAA finally gets the rule making done to remove expiration dates from instructor certificates the work load will reduce over the next 24 months and you may see even shorter times.
Can you tell me tomorrow's lottery numbers? Because you mention this, and then it happens.

The FAA just published the NPRM in the Federal Register, effective 12/1/2024, that will phase out the expiration dates on CFI certificates over the next ~2 years.

Can you tell me tomorrow's lottery numbers? Because you mention this, and then it happens.

The FAA just published the NPRM in the Federal Register, effective 12/1/2024, that will phase out the expiration dates on CFI certificates over the next ~2 years.
Figures, my expiration date is 11/30/24.

Just got a call from my son.

He passed!

Approximately 8.5 hours dual in the multi.

He now has 88 hours of total time.

Now to work his butt on instruments for another 160 or so hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats to your son. Was really nice to meet y'all and glad to see he is crushing it.

Back