ER visit for cut to head

D

DCApilot

Hello,

Recently I went to the ER for a laceration on my scalp and got staples. I consulted with my AME who said that I was good to go. My medical is due soon. Should I expect follow up from the FAA when I report the visit, or is this a pretty simple case? Did not have a head injury/concussion/ Loss of consciousness. Just a clean slice.

Thanks all. I think I am over thinking this. I just have had bad experience with FAA aeromedical in the past and don’t want to open a can of worms. Have heard plenty of horror stories about head injuries.

You can never overthink dealing with FAA Aeromedical. Just make sure to document the ER visit along with any other medical appts. since your last medical on the 8500. I wouldn't go into too many details other than you needed staples...

I have a couple of these types of entries on my medical forms, which having a Class I, I fill out every six months. "Head laceration" and "chin laceration" and follow-ups to remove stitches.

The AME has never even asked anything about them, other than maybe "Ouch! You okay?"

It's a non-issue unless there was something more to it.

Yawn. Table saw accident and a trip to ER for me. Neither the AME nor the FAA cared.

Back