Do I owe people more info?

No, the insurer is biased against his age. We have an 79-year old on BasicMed in our partnership and our insurer hasn’t blinked an eye.

its not. because they will insure with 3rd class medical. . . just not basicmed. .. regardless of age being a factor - insurance is attainble for him - just not with basic med.

You make it sound like the mental health diagnosis is something you're ashamed of and feel is a black mark against you. Whether true or not, thats the way it comes across.

Compare that to something like:

This way it comes across as more of a personal situation than something you're ashamed of.

I am by no means meaning to come across as I have all the answers for you, as I don't. However, I do know that tone and presentation can be the difference between drawing attention to a situation vs making it a non-issue.

And yes, I can completely get not wanting to discuss a mental health diagnosis.

I am ashamed of it, but you're right that I need to reframe this, especially since I healed enough to get the initial medical and SI. Thanks.

I guess I was thinking more of CFI's and safety pilots. I hold a commercial and CFI, so yeah, it tends to raise questions.
Who's bringing it up, then or you? No one I've flown with has ever asked about my medical, and only DPEs have ever asked to see my pilot certificate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back