Delta Zulu volume levels

AA5Bman

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
He who ironically no longer flies an AA5B
Hi everyone - here’s a kind of stupid question but one that I’ve never seen discussed before, but does anyone have trouble getting all the volume levels to play nicely together in their headset?

I bought a new Lightspeed Delta Zulu (couldn’t resist the CO monitor - a legit fear of mine). I absolutely cannot get the volume levels set correctly.

For the most part, I can get it so things are about right with the exception that my own voice, only when transmitting, is deafeningly loud. If I fix that, everything is too quiet. Note: this was not an issue with the same avionics panel and my older Zulu 2s.

Is there an accepted sequence for setting volumes? There are 3-4 levels that all need to play nicely with each other: your own transmitting volume, radio volume (receiving), your own talking intercom, and passenger intercom. It’s hard for me to even figure out which volume controls what - for instance, it seems like the transmitting volume is chiefly controlled by the little sliders on the headset ANR thing, which makes no sense. Maybe this is all a setting in the audio panel or Nav?

My audio setup is Delta Zulus, Garmin GMA 340 Audio Panel, GTN650xi, and GNC255 #2 NAV/Com.

Any ideas?

When you talk on the radio, it’s “side tone” volume that you’re hearing. That’s a separate adjustment in your audio panel or radio.

Back