Culture of theft: Ex-TSA agent admits he took almost $1 Million from PAX luggage

I've been hyper vigilant the past 30 years. I can say without equivocation that no rhinos have crapped in my garage in all that time. A perfect record.

Sadly the TSA lets things through all the time. You only hear about the dopes that report it afterward.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tsa-lets-loaded-guns-past-security-planes/story?id=17358872#.UGjNupjA_Sg

However, if you complain about the lack of professionalism, they will just make it harder, and harder to get through the screening.

The terrorists who flew the planes into the world trade center and the pentagon used box cutters to take over the airplane. At that time we were all told that if hijacked to sit still, not make trouble for the hijackers, and everything would be OK. Since 911 people have been more aggressive about it. Security didn't stop the shoe bomber and the underwear bomber from being successful, it was passengers. My point is that the best security is neighborhood security in a sense. Also, where did the air marshals go to? Are there still air marshals flying around in airplanes? I always thought that was a better idea than TSA waving a wand on everyone looking for loose change.

The terrorists who flew the planes into the world trade center and the pentagon used box cutters to take over the airplane. At that time we were all told that if hijacked to sit still, not make trouble for the hijackers, and everything would be OK. Since 911 people have been more aggressive about it. Security didn't stop the shoe bomber and the underwear bomber from being successful, it was passengers. My point is that the best security is neighborhood security in a sense. Also, where did the air marshals go to? Are there still air marshals flying around in airplanes? I always thought that was a better idea than TSA waving a wand on everyone looking for loose change.

Personally, I think handing loaded pistols to all passengers while boarding would be just about as effective as the current circus.

Just as an aside, I remember a time when there weren't even metal detectors, and practically no screening. We just walked out onto the tarmac (there were no jetways at most airports back then, either) and boarded the plane. The metal detectors were installed as a response to a rash of hijackings in the late 60's and early 70's.

-Rich

Security theater at it's finest. Number of terrorists caught by the TSA: ZERO.

Even before the TSA, it was the wisdom of Steingar to never travel with anything you might miss. Now, obviously even more so. We can only hope the real terrorists are as stupid as the American public, because the measures put in place will only deter the imaginary ones.

Thieving rat bastards swiped stuff from our luggage a few years ago. I filed reports with both the airline and TSA. Guess what? TSA pointed at the airline, said they weren't responsible. Airline pointed at TSA and said they weren't responsible. Neither gave a rat's *** about it.

My point was, and still is, that if someone in the chain was willing to risk prison for a $1 box of Hot Tamales and a digital camera that was worth maybe $150 or so, what do you suppose I could have put INTO someone's luggage and ONTO an airliner for, say, $10K? How about for $100K?

We've seen time and time again that we have a fair number of low life scumbag criminals pawing through peoples' luggage. It's about ten years past time for it to stop.

We, too, learned the hard way that you don't put anything of value in your checked luggage. Not high value, but my wife had a pair of earings stolen. We had three parties pointing fingers at each other, TSA and two airlines. I can avoid the particular airlines, but I can't avoid TSA. Useless bunch, the lot of them.

Security theater at it's finest. Number of terrorists caught by the TSA: ZERO.

Even before the TSA, it was the wisdom of Steingar to never travel with anything you might miss. Now, obviously even more so. We can only hope the real terrorists are as stupid as the American public, because the measures put in place will only deter the imaginary ones.

Yup.

About four months after being defrocked by the Diocese of Camden in 2002, Thomas Harkins had a new job as a security officer, including patting down passengers, with the Transportation Security Administration at Philadelphia International Airport.

The TSA hired the former priest before completing a background check, the agency recently confirmed. According to a church document, the diocese revealed to the TSA in 2003 as part of the background check that Harkins had been removed from ministry because of allegations he had molested two grade-school girls. Harkins was never criminally prosecuted, but the diocese settled civil lawsuits for $195,000.

The TSA took no action as a result of the disclosure.

You just can't make this stuff up.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/n...d_Camden_priest_without_background_check.html

Back