Cory Lidle lawsuit settled for $2 mm

In Memoriam to Tyler Stenger CFI, whose ill considered planning and actions resulted in the loss of two lives, and the permanent loss of access to ALL aviators, of the East River Corridor. RIP. We remember.

Negative Bruce:

I fly the East River Corridor all the time (in the Bravo) at around 1300'. Simple to do by first asking LGA and then the EWR controllers on the way south on the Hudson River side to the VZ Bridge for the East River Northbound. If LGA's traffic allows it, you're free to fly the East River. Usually they clear me at Governor's Island into the East River and I can ask for either the Central Park transition back out to the Hudson crossing over from Roosevelt Island, or, the Spuyten Duyvil (sp) transition at the northern tip of Manhattan back out to the Hudson.

Easy Peasy

Negative Bruce:

I fly the East River Corridor all the time (in the Bravo) at around 1300'. Simple to do by first asking LGA and then the EWR controllers on the way south on the Hudson River side to the VZ Bridge for the East River Northbound. If LGA's traffic allows it, you're free to fly the East River. Usually they clear me at Governor's Island into the East River and I can ask for either the Central Park transition back out to the Hudson crossing over from Roosevelt Island, or, the Spuyten Duyvil (sp) transition at the northern tip of Manhattan back out to the Hudson.

Easy Peasy

Hmmm...

Interesting... are you saying no proceedures have changed since Cory and his instructor smacked into the highrise building?

Hmmm...

Interesting... are you saying no proceedures have changed since Cory and his instructor smacked into the highrise building?

I believe you were allowed to fly in and out of there without talking to anyone as long as you turned around before hitting the LGA surface area.

Negative Bruce:

Easy Peasy

If your flying in bravo your not in the corridor, your flying above the corridor.

Back