Corrupt FAA employee....

I'm amazed no one ever took notice of a division in the FAA acquiring boats.

I thought the paper-hangers all worked at DFW.

They spent the time to build a case against him, they then busted him, yet according to the article, he continues to be employed by the FAA?????

A busted crook still gets a government paycheck.

John

was he convicted?

Why bring up stuff from last century?

The Eel Rots From The Head - Re: Corrupt FAA employee....

Law Office of John J. Tormey III, Esq.
John J. Tormey III, PLLC
217 East 86th Street, PMB 221
New York, NY 10028 USA
(212) 410-4142 (phone)
(212) 410-2380 (fax)
e-mail: brightline@att.net

Quiet Rockland - No New Flights Over Rockland County, NY
John J. Tormey III, Esq.
P.O. Box 918
Pearl River, NY 10965 USA
(845) 735-9691 (phone)

November 23, 2008

VIA FAX: 1-201-748-6088, E-MAIL: “info@wiley.com”, and U.S. MAIL
Mr. Tom Miller, Executive Editor
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. - Corporate Headquarters
Professional & Trade Division - Webster’s New World Dictionary
111 River Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030-5774 USA

VIA U.S. MAIL
Mr. Stephen J. Perrault, Editor
Ms. Karen L. Wilkinson, Associate Editor
Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary/Merriam-Webster Inc.
P.O. Box 281
Springfield, MA 01102 USA

Re: Creation Of A New English-Language Dictionary Word/“Sturgell”: Meaning, “(To) Lie”

Dear Ms. Wilkinson, Mr. Perrault, and Mr. Miller:

Knowing that your time is valuable, I will be as succinct as possible.

Request is hereby respectfully made that your publications please consider addition of a new English-language word in your next editions of Webster’s dictionaries published by your respective companies.

As you may already be aware, the word “Sturgell” has slithered into the American vernacular since Year 2003 as both a noun and a verb. Year 2003 is when failed and soon-departing FAA Acting Administrator Robert Allan (“Bobby”) Sturgell a/k/a “The Eel” a/k/a “The Sturg-EEL” commenced his “work” with the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (“F.A.A.”, or “FAA”). Since then “Bobby” Sturgell has constantly put profits over people, and he has thereby harmed American citizens and the American aviation system. My group Quiet Rockland seeks to ensure and cement “Bobby” Sturgell’s legacy in response.

The noun definition of “Sturgell” should be “a lie” or, similarly, “an act of evasion”. The verb definition of “Sturgell” should be “to lie” or, similarly, “to squirm away”. I have taken the liberty of scribing a first draft of the dictionary definition of “Sturgell” below, which of course I expect you and your colleagues will wish to edit before publication:

sturg*ell (stir’jill) vt.[[from DelMarVa American “Bobby” Sturgell, failed FAA Acting Administrator 2007-2008]] 1 to lie, especially to lie to Congress, and to lie to the American people 2 to evade, slither, squirm away (as an eel would do) 3 to lie repeatedly 4 to lie for the sake of aeromercantile profit at the expense of citizenry 5 to put innocent people at risk of death or bodily harm, and then lie about it ---n. 1 a lie 2 an act of evasion (not to be confused with Watergate burglar Frank Sturgis, except in terms of ethics)

At first blush you might note an apparent incongruity between the use of a capitalized proper surname like “Sturgell”, on the one hand, as a generic lower-case reference to prevarication, on the other hand. Yet there is precedent for this application. After all, a “Mulligan” is a do-over of a bad golf shot. Cops “Mirandize” perps all the time. It is herein maintained that “Sturgell” shall forever be the hallmark of a harmful, malicious, and mendacious aeromercantalist, be it as verb or noun.

“Bobby” Sturgell’s manifold lies meriting this ignominious tribute, are amply briefed on the Internet and particularly in the following websites, which I would invite you to please review:

http://www.bobbysturgell.com
http://www.bobbysturgell.net
http://www.bobbysturgell.org
http://indictsturgell.blogspot.com
http://ejectsturgell.blogspot.com
http://removesturgell.blogspot.com
http://southwestairlinesalmostkilledyou.blogspot.com

The bottom line, is that during his abysmal run as failed flunkie FAA official (2003-2008) and abominable FAA Acting Administrator (2007-2008), “Bobby” Sturgell lied to virtually everybody, and often about life-and-death matters. “Bobby” Sturgell lied to Rockland County, New York and 30,000,000 in the Northeast about the FAA’s NY/NJ/PHL Airspace Redesign. (Given that each of you are in the Northeast, that number includes each of you). We have reason to believe that “Bobby” Sturgell has lied to his wife about why he does not wear a wedding ring when on business trips. We know that “Bobby” Sturgell lied to countless Senators and U.S. Representatives during Sturgell’s multiple pieces of perjurious, contemptuous, and contemptible testimony before Congress throughout the past year. During his term “Bobby” Sturgell abusively and repeatedly lied to my friends the Air Traffic Controllers (which 3-word phrase and plural-noun I render in initial-CAPs deliberately and for a reason, because they save our lives every single day under harsh working conditions and they deserve better treatment - and I suggest you initial-CAP them as well in the next editions of your dictionaries whether or not you yourselves fly).

And finally, “Bobby” Sturgell and his failed FAA regime have consistently lied to the American people for years that we are somehow now in the “safest period of aviation history” - when in fact “Bobby” Sturgell’s criminal malfeasance and failure to regulate and lead, has led to over 3,500 aviation fatalities since Sturgell took FAA office in 2003. See, e.g.:
http://indictsturgell.blogspot.com/2008/10/failed-faa-pilot-bobby-sturgell-racks.html

“Bobby” Sturgell should forever be the archetype of a bureaucratic liar, because he lied to America about aviation safety and put our lives at risk when he did so. The souls of the 3,500 who perished in air accidents during “Bobby’ Sturgell’s regime, agree with me.

As a media, publishing, and I.P. lawyer I have for many years been mindful of the fact that there is a good deal of residual consumer confusion as to which of your two dictionaries is the “real” Webster’s dictionary. The fact of the matter is, I don’t have a dog in that fight. I am writing to both of you with admiration for both of your publications, and ask that this is perhaps one issue upon which you all most certainly can agree. You will see below that I have also cc’d those that publish Strunk & White, The Blue Book, and Wikipedia; over 20,000 other interested parties; and even Her Majesty, The Queen of England, Queen Elizabeth, on this earnest appeal.

Why? Because, after all, it’s The Queen’s English.

I await and will appreciate your respective responses. Thank you, and all the best. I will be happy to return the professional courtesy to each of you, at any time asked.

Respectfully submitted,

John J. Tormey III, Esq.
Quiet Rockland - No New Flights Over Rockland County, NY

cc:

VIA AIR MAIL
The Private Secretary of Her Majesty the Queen
Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II
Buckingham Palace
London SW1A 1AA, England

VIA E-MAIL: “communications@pearsoned.com”, and U.S. MAIL
“The Elements of Style”/Strunk & White
Mr. Glen Moreno - Chairman, The Board Of Directors
Pearson Education Company/Pearson PLC
One Lake Street
Upper Saddle River, NJ 07458 USA

VIA U.S. MAIL
c/o The Blue Book Of Citation, 18th Edition
Harvard Law Review Association, Board Of Editors
Gannett House, 1511 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138 USA

VIA E-MAIL: “info@wikimedia.org”, FAX: 1-415-882-0495, and U.S. MAIL
Kul Wadhwa, Principal
Wikipedia/Wikimedia Foundation Inc.
P.O. Box 78350
San Francisco, CA 94107-8350 USA

Additional cc’s:
All Quiet Rockland Lists –
ALL U.S. SENATORS, ALL U.S. REPRESENTATIVES, THE GAO, OTHER FEDERAL OFFICIALS, STATE OFFICIALS, COUNTY OFFICIALS, TOWN OFFICIALS, LAWYERS, CITIZENS, BUSINESSES, GROUPS, NEWS MEDIA, LAW ENFORCEMENT, CLERGY, EDUCATION PROFESSIONALS, OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES; OTHER U.S.-FRIENDLY COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD, EMBASSIES, AND WORLD MEDIA; AND FAA, USDOT, I.G., AND NASA PERSONNEL

Attachments

• BOBBY STURGELL, FAA EEL IN THE SKY.jpg
    BOBBY STURGELL, FAA EEL IN THE SKY.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 4
  • BOBBY STURGELL, FAAILURE.JPG
    BOBBY STURGELL, FAAILURE.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 2
  • THE STURGELL REDNECK ROADHOUSE.jpg
    THE STURGELL REDNECK ROADHOUSE.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Last Sturgell.JPG
    Last Sturgell.JPG