Colorado Pilots - Sat/Sun Mar 7/8 2012

Paul can't make FTG on the way back. He has family Easter stuff at 14:00. Winds aloft are strong at 12,000. The standard low pressure trough downwind of the Rockies along the northern Front Rangenset up overnight. Winds in the valley are light. AEJ and LXV down in the lee of the ridge are calm. Cottonwood Pass showing calm also. Wilkerson Pass further northeast is probably flyable but bumpy. Easier to go south up the valley from KPUB. Pressure differential between Front Range reporting stations and the valley isn't huge but it's there. Trying to decide if I feel like bumps today. ;)

Welllll. Wilkerson died down but Mrs slept in and I hated waking her up. She didn't seem like she slept too well last night. So. No AEJ for us. :)

She's kinda alive now and tossed herself in the shower to wake up. Haha.

She wasn't ready for bed when Saturday Night Live came on last night and she's usually upstairs snoozing by then.

Sooooo... We will leisurely load up some stuff and putter on over to FTG in 79M sometime before noon. See y'all there!

How late do y'all figure on being out there? I have a "prior commitment" at noon, but if you're going to be at FTG for a while, I might try to stop by.

hey. are new people welcome? I am at bjc. if so where would I meet you and what time? I am in red and white cherokee? N3UW
john snapp

hey. are new people welcome? I am at bjc. if so where would I meet you and what time? I am in red and white cherokee? N3UW
john snapp
New people are welcome. We are planning to meet in this area around noonish or later. I hope I have the area right. :redface:

If not, look for people. :)

20120408-trmq281ewb9uh11q1f8rewntxn.png

Last edited:
I will try to head over. is there a hanger number or phone number Justin case. can I park the cherokee near the hanger?

T33 6E but that probably won't help much.

Take A7 south as far as it goes, make a right. Look for the red and white 182 up one of the rows to the south. :)

303-335-9969 if ya get lost.

john snapp

Anyone, anytime. Even if you're only passing thru Colorado!

It was nice meeting you John. Gorgeous Cherokee! (That's saying a lot since I'm a high-wing fan! Heh!)

Here is everyone eating dessert!

4b94241c-5ecb-c992.jpg

Wait you are keeping it a secret hoping to attract POA people to show up? What happens in Colorado stays in Colorado or something?

While some things may slip out it is absolutely verboten to disclose desserts...

unless of course someone really wants to talk about them...

While some things may slip out it is absolutely verboten to disclose desserts...

unless of course someone really wants to talk about them...

Personally, I wasn't all that fond of the chocolate pie. I need to find another option.

It has red on the plates. Perhaps cake with red icing or pie with red filling. The mystery is killing me.

What on Earth could it be??? Red on plates, paper towels prominent, folks paying 'tention to the food...

so many clues, so little time

End of July is Oshkosh. My wallet may need to recover or get professional therapy. :)

Looks like just over 7 hours direct. Would have to have assurances that I could miss a day of work in case of weather.

Wonder if we all could get sumthin set up at Jay's place in October? Texas switches back to pleasant setting by then and it's frequently good flying weather.

Wonder if we all could get sumthin set up at Jay's place in October? Texas switches back to pleasant setting by then and it's frequently good flying weather.

Sounds good to me. Of course there's no guarantee anyone will figure out the problem of my transponder/encoder by then....

And the little furry thing in the photo? He'll be staying in Colorado at the kennel.

Would consider Jay's place. Going to be tight on remaining vacation time by then, I'm sure.

Back