Cirrus Chute - all survive

Hengelo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hengelo
This story sounds a bit off.

Could definitely imagine someone trying to climb too steep/slow with full flaps, then retracting all of them before deciding the plane wasn't flying "right"

I think he hosed the prop. A 20 will climb at over 700fpm at sea level 20c with flaps at 100 %

I think he hosed the prop. A 20 will climb at over 700fpm at sea level 20c with flaps at 100 %
Yep. I did that (prop adorns our music room) and with just a couple of inches of prop tip bent backwards (which some pay extra for!), performance was crippled.

Well that's interesting, trying to follow...
Where's the white arc stop on the 20? You'll eff the prop before the flaps?

^^^
So you could have a prop strike, and not know it?
Seems odd, but haven't been there and done that...

A newer pilot might or might not recognize it for what it was; either way the plane would underperform and sound/feel bad on the go around.

Just curious, does pulling the Cirrus chute act the same way as pulling a fire handle, shutting off fuel and ignition?

No, it's completely independent. In fact if a plane goes down and doesn't fire the rocket, Cirrus has to send a tech out to disarm it before it can be moved/salvaged.

Back