Check out those expressions

I thought this thread was going to be about the expression that explains how lift is generated by that bernoulli guy

Never heard of such an animal.
So what's the deal- takeoff under power, get to altitude, then kill the engine and fly it like a glider? Isn't it too heavy for that?
Not seeing the point...

Mostly the point is to get around some rules or laws, easier to fly a motor glider than a SEL.

Never heard of such an animal.
So what's the deal- takeoff under power, get to altitude, then kill the engine and fly it like a glider? Isn't it too heavy for that?
Not seeing the point...
28:1 glide ratio, kind of middling for sailplanes. Min sink at 220 ft/min, not bad.

If tow planes aren’t available when you need them, or you want to travel to all the good soaring sites, a motor glider is a great option.

If I ever survive that far into a plane crash, I hope I have the wherewithal to get the F out as soon as it comes to a stop.

I saw that photo on social media already, and wanted to write it off as a bad photoshop. But it does appear to be real, which makes me ask who would take such a photo instead of trying to help.

..but I'm a fire fighter and first responder, my brain is wired differently.

Some years back A chap I knew put his Ercoupe down in Puget Sound WA. He and his son had their swim to shore made difficult by the news chopper overhead filming Their attempt to survive.
(They did make it)

Back