Buying and selling parts for experimentals

SkySwapper

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SkySwapper
Hello!

Over the past few years I've noticed that many homebuilders tend to stick to their own online groups. Also, when people are looking to buy or sell parts (or planes), that experience is also quite fragmented. There will be different postings on individual email lists, dedicated builder forums, and the big general aviation classifieds sites... but often these listings would be of interest to everyone regardless of which type of plane they are building or flying.

To try to help people reach across those divisions, I am launching a new website:

www.SkySwapper.com

It's an online classifieds site purely dedicated to the experimental aviation community.

Of course, since it's brand new, it's pretty empty... but I'm hoping you all can help me with that. Posting ads with one photo will always be free, but sign up using the promo code: POA
and you'll get the ability to post ads with 4 up to pictures for free as thanks for being one of the early adopters, along with some other perks.
(Or simply register with this link)
http://www.skyswapper.com/register.php?registration_code=POA

The site is still in a beta release, so comments, suggestions, and complaints are all very important to me. If you see anything that is broken, or have ideas about how to make the site function better, please let me know through the “Contact Us” page on the site.

Thanks for your time and happy building and flying!

on the contrary, it's not fragmented at all since someone had the same idea a decade+ ago and started barnstormers.com

on the contrary, it's not fragmented at all since someone had the same idea a decade+ ago and started barnstormers.com

Why discourage someone who is just starting?

Myself, I think we would love competition when you consider just how expensive airplane stuff has become over the years.

Welcome to POA Skyswapper.

-John

Nice as it is, barnstormers is a bit lacking in features, like sorting by price, distance, etc.

Good luck,getting the word out might prove difficult.

Nice as it is, barnstormers is a bit lacking in features, like sorting by price, distance, etc.

You hit the nail on the head.

I agree that barnstormers is a great resource, but it's ease of use and design are a bit dated.

Their pricing model is also not very good for people that are selling lower priced items, or just listing things for free.

On SkySwapper.com, basic listings with a photo are, and will always be free.

And finally, I'm going to be listening to the community to create the site that the users want. If there is a need for a feature that isn't currently available, I'll do my best to come up with a solution. I'd like to provide a site that is as useful as possible... for everyone.

Barnstormers is not tailored to a specific aviation market. You can find all kinds of sort-of related aviation items there -- lawn tractors for instance (yes, I know -- gotta cut that grass around the airport. Just saying.)

A site with a sharper focus on parts and projects would be nice.

Back