Bose A20 vs Zulu 3

patm95

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Patm95
Hi all. Hope to get my ppl by the end of the month and im looking for a second headset for passengers. I currently have a A30. Ive been debating on getting A20 or Zulu 3 for my wife but unsire what to get. Leabing towards the A20 but im hesitant they wont be supported very long and if something goes bad i wont be able to send them in for repair.

Im also open to other suggestions. Any thoughts?

You could include the David Clark DC OneX in your search. And I'm sure others may suggest the in-ear models as well (I have no personal experience with those.)

I have all three of those options. Dc’s seem light on your head. Zulu threes have been ultra reliable and the cord is stout. A20s have the best noise canceling although all three are good. Value wise the zulus were the best value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have all three of those options. Dc’s seem light on your head. Zulu threes have been ultra reliable and the cord is stout. A20s have the best noise canceling although all three are good. Value wise the zulus were the best value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Very good to know. Thank you. Would you have any concerns with continued support of the A20s? Is the Lightspeed customer support good as well?

All three are great choices. It will come down to what is the most comfortable for your wife to wear. Go to a shop that has DC's, LightSpeeds, and the new Boses. Have her put them on and wear for 3-5 minutes each in the store, and pick the one that fits the best / is the most comfortable.

If you can't find a store, might need to order all three and return the ones you don't need.

Hi all. Hope to get my ppl by the end of the month and im looking for a second headset for passengers. I currently have a A30. Ive been debating on getting A20 or Zulu 3 for my wife but unsire what to get. Leabing towards the A20 but im hesitant they wont be supported very long and if something goes bad i wont be able to send them in for repair.

Im also open to other suggestions. Any thoughts?
Which one does she prefer?

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. I hated the A-30's. Like the added features of the Delta Zulu's

IMO the A20 is better than the A30 but the A20 is no longer in production, and I picked up one of the last few from the last shipment at OSH last week from Sportys. I don't like the Lightspeed, but my wife does, more about how it fits her head.

I have A30 and Zulu 3. both are great. Personally, I find the A30’s a bit more comfortable. But honestly, it 100% personal preference. You really couldn’t go wrong with either one. Zulu’s probably better value for $ as they are slightly cheaper.

I have A30 and Zulu 3. both are great. Personally, I find the A30’s a bit more comfortable. But honestly, it 100% personal preference. You really couldn’t go wrong with either one. Zulu’s probably better value for $ as they are slightly cheaper.
Good to know. Thank you!

My wife just had to have the dc pro x because it was light and didn’t mess up her hair. I am not a DC fan myself. I just bought the zulu3 at osh last week. I wanted the a20 but they don’t have lemo anymore. Bose is good about directing people toward their latest stuff. Maybe that answers your question about support.

My wife just had to have the dc pro x because it was light and didn’t mess up her hair. I am not a DC fan myself. I just bought the zulu3 at osh last week. I wanted the a20 but they don’t have lemo anymore. Bose is good about directing people toward their latest stuff. Maybe that answers your question about support.
Great points. You liking the Zulu3 so far?

Just got home from AirVenture and am sick so haven’t been able to try it out. I did the side by side at the sportys tent. The a30 had the best ANR and music sound but not worth 1300 in my opinion. The zulu3 was the best value at 799. The a20 was lighter on the head but they no longer have the lemo.

Interestingly enough I tried the DC one X and it was busted. Hurt my ears with a loud buzz sound. It didn’t help my impression.

Just got home from AirVenture and am sick so haven’t been able to try it out. I did the side by side at the sportys tent. The a30 had the best ANR and music sound but not worth 1300 in my opinion. The zulu3 was the best value at 799. The a20 was lighter on the head but they no longer have the lemo.

Interestingly enough I tried the DC one X and it was busted. Hurt my ears with a loud buzz sound. It didn’t help my impression.
Good points. Thank you!

My wife just had to have the dc pro x because it was light and didn’t mess up her hair.

I got a DC One X because it is green.

Turns out that it's a pretty good headset, if not better than the Zulu3/A20 then at least in the same ballpark.

Back