Best Plane to buy to use is an Air Freighter

All the light jets and small turboprops are fine 135

Dc9 727 larger turboprop like atr72 would require a 121. Pretty sure anyway.

30 seats or 7500 pounds payload capacity is the cutoff for 135.

Why do you want to do this?

I am not sure you know everything that is required. Look at those who did this and are no longer. Airborne, Emery, CNF, Purolator, DHL, and the list goes on. AOG issues, maint issues, pilot issues, logistics, etc. requires a significant financial commitment. And I did worked in the industry at one point.

Why do you want to do this?

I am not sure you know everything that is required. Look at those who did this and are no longer. Airborne, Emery, CNF, Purolator, DHL, and the list goes on. AOG issues, maint issues, pilot issues, logistics, etc. requires a significant financial commitment. And I did worked in the industry at one point.
Yeah, there's a lot more that meets the eye in assuming an operation like this.
The main advantage is that I will be serving small areas, throughout the south east. Not interested in big cities, been there, done that
Fedex has been actively serving smaller cities for quite awhile now. That's the sole purpose for their feeder C208's which fly under Baron Aviation. Not to mention the daily service to and from MEM that Fedex provides with their 757.

There's several smaller operations that fly the same mission you're looking to do. It's definitely a competitive market and you won't be the only one in the business.

30 seats or 7500 pounds payload capacity is the cutoff for 135.
That would mean something like a Saab-340, or an EMB-120. There are some dirt-cheap J-41/42's out there, as well. Boxes don't care how fast they fly, only how CHEAP they get there, which is why Caravans are so popular with the gyspy operations. There are still some SH-360's running boxes in the US.

There's several smaller operations that fly the same mission you're looking to do. It's definitely a competitive market and you won't be the only one in the business.
Just buy one of these guys

Boxes don't care how fast they fly, only how CHEAP they get there, which is why Caravans are so popular with the gyspy operations.
Exactly. They don't care about pressurization either. The Caravan is a perfect airplane for the typical feeder distance.

Hmm dreaming or trolling...:ihih:

Ahhhh. There you go. Throw the trolling comment out. Try and discourage dialogue on forums.

You might be better served in life if you disable your WIFI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhh. There you go. Throw the trolling comment out. Try and discourage dialogue on forums.

alrighty then.gif

Are you stalking me now? :eek:
Weird.

upload_2016-12-20_9-59-1.png

Last edited:
Nope, just a couple of threads I have noticed that you seem intent on derailing, ending, or shutting down. Almost as if you have some insecurity that you struggle with. Been a long time since I took any sociology classes, but your behavior definitely has a pattern.

I am guessing the fact whatever your replies are that don't have text not showing up on TapaTalk means I am not missing anything of substance from you.

Too bad you choose to disrupt other people's threads. Might try a different source of entertainment if this one causes you such discomfort.

Nope, just a couple of threads I have noticed that you seem intent on derailing, ending, or shutting down. Almost as if you have some insecurity that you struggle with. Been a long time since I took any sociology classes, but your behavior definitely has a pattern.
The irony .......

Just buy one of these guys

That's one way to get into the business if you have the contracts and want to get started with fewer of the buerocratic entanglements.

If you don't think a 135 Certificate will be hard to get (or maintain, or change later), you're in a for a big, big, big surprise. Expect a long, painful, and expensive road that will be measured in years, not months.

I think he should just get old 747s. They are setting out in the desert so they gotta be cheap. Right?

If you don't think a 135 Certificate will be hard to get (or maintain, or change later), you're in a for a big, big, big surprise. Expect a long, painful, and expensive road that will be measured in years, not months.

Don't people just buy existing ones, for expediency?

Don't people just buy existing ones, for expediency?

Sometimes, yes. But depending on what you're buying, and where you want to use it, I don't think it's as simple as "I now own a 135 cert and can do whatever I want." I'm also not sure it works if you want to "move" the cert to a different FSDO region. Even if using in the same FSDO, you've now got all kinds of modifications to make to the OpSpecs, etc. that can be difficult (to put it mildly).

I know someone bought the Eastern Airlines certificate (Part 121) years ago, so it can be done. Not sure about "moving" the certificate elsewhere but would imagine if one jumped thru the hoops and got it approved at the new location it is feasible.

Last edited:
I know someone bought the Eastern Airlines certificate (Part 121) years ago, so it can be done. Not sure about "moving" the certificate elsewhere but would imagine if one jumped thru the hoops and got it approved at the new location it is feasible.

Except one cannot buy ANY FAA Air Carrier certificate.

You can buy the corporation that owns the certificate as long as you buy the assets as well. Also, once the transfer of ownership happens then it triggers several items that must be accomplished and sometimes this is virtually a re-certification of the certificate. Also their must be an aircraft on the certificate and the operator must have ownership or a lease of this aircraft. And if the aircraft are not operated in a 90 day period, then the FAA must be notified which then triggers other events.

Not as easy as some make it out to be.

Kinda of what I meant I guess. But the Co and the assets. Figured there'd be more requirements as you mentioned. I certainly wasn't implying it was easy.

Back