Beech Debonair - face lift

sdflyer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
sdflyer
I have recently rejoined Pacific Coast Flayers. Among other airplanes there is a Beech Debonair 1965 built .

Nice looking airplane inside out

beech2.jpg

Re: Beech Deboniar - face lift

However the fun part begin when you enter the cockpit ..There is a brand new G500 retrofit

beech3.jpg

Sweetness - I have quite a few hours in that plane's slightly-newer cousin, and a better-balanced and more pleasant flyer, you're not likely to find.

The wingtips has been upgraded to Bonanza like

beech7.jpg

The was about the first time in my life I did hold on autopilot. It was actually pretty cool to watch its works on parallel entry :)

beech8.jpg

i did my CFI training in 5819K (I think). Nice looking airplane!

As the part of the checkout I had to do three different approaches. The last one GPS approach I did on autopilot which only took care of directional navigation while I was taking care of altitude.

beech9.jpg

i did my CFI training in 5819K (I think). Nice looking airplane!
It's a pretty unusual airplane for CFI I'd say. I started working on my CFI in Piper Arrow until it crashed by some commercial student. Now I'm continue my CFI training on Mooney M20J...Well all I can say it's not the best airplane for that kind of job :)

By the way interior got some update as well

beech10.jpg

yea my school had an Arrow IV (T tail) and the Debonair. The Deb was only 10 bucks more, a lot faster, was High Performance, and sounded a lot cooler than the Arrow. Not to mention it handled so much sweeter!

The only thing I have a hard time to comprehend is hobbs meter which located next to the rudder pedals....I have never ever had to cripple mo body that much just to get its reading :D

I'll say that that is One Sweeeet Deb. They have done a great job with the face lift. Whats it rent for per hour?

yea my school had an Arrow IV (T tail) and the Debonair. The Deb was only 10 bucks more, a lot faster, was High Performance, and sounded a lot cooler than the Arrow. Not to mention it handled so much sweeter!

I don't like T-tail and can definitely understand you choice. The only good thing about Arrow that it can take some beating...Not sure if Beech was designed for that :D

By the way here is Arrow which was totaled. It took it last beating with pride :(

%2819%20of%2020%29.jpg

I'll say that that is One Sweeeet Deb. They have done a great job with the face lift. Whats it rent for per hour?

$175 wet. That is the only airplane I got checked out on so far. Looking forward to squeeze time in it between my CFI training:thumbsup:

Great looking bird! What is the comfort level of those belts coming down across your neck?

$175 wet. That is the only airplane I got checked out on so far. Looking forward to squeeze time in it between my CFI training:thumbsup:
That's pretty cheap for that sort of setup. Does it have the IO550 conversion?

Great looking bird! What is the comfort level of those belts coming down across your neck?

I have those same shoulder harnesses (BAS with inertia reel). They are almost un-noticed while in use, except that you're better-off wearing a shirt with a collar, lest your neck be mildly irritated from time to time. Most notable for guys who do not shave neck hair.

Anyway, minute price to pay for the dramatically improved safety in the event of a sudden stop.

I have those same shoulder harnesses (BAS with inertia reel). They are almost un-noticed while in use, except that you're better-off wearing a shirt with a collar, lest your neck be mildly irritated from time to time. Most notable for guys who do not shave neck hair.

Anyway, minute price to pay for the dramatically improved safety in the event of a sudden stop.

Thanks, Spike. I don't recall ever using that set up and was curious.
+1 on the safety aspect.

I actually forgot about them the second I put them :)

There were two crashes by Beech list members within weeks of each other. One was a borrowed Beech with no harnesses and the other had them. The party with the harnesses walked away while the others didn't make it.

As for the comfort, I only noticed it the first day I had them. If it really bothers a passenger in flight, they can just slip them off to the side and leave them connected. Anytime close to the ground I just have them put them back in place.

A Debby is a honey of an airplane. My company also has one for rent , also a 65 with a major avionics update... I have flown most of the Beech products and I think they are the sweetest flying plane Beech ever built.

Back