Concrete 2011 015.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 190
  • Concrete 2011 016.jpg
    Concrete 2011 016.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 166
  • Concrete 2011 017.jpg
    Concrete 2011 017.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 168
You're right. Gotta be. The left engine appears to be an inverted in-line e.g, Ranger....

drooling_homer_bcLbIGCQbPaE_RE_Tell_Me_Something_Good_ampquotuprate_partyampquot-s314x360-240619.gif

I so want one of those

Unfortunately it is illegal to land on water in Colorado :(

I wish somebody'd fix that. Sigh.

Why is it illegal to land on water in Colorado? Is it illegal to operate a motor boat there as well, or do they prefer powered vehicles which actually run exhaust through the water?

Why is it illegal to land on water in Colorado? Is it illegal to operate a motor boat there as well, or do they prefer powered vehicles which actually run exhaust through the water?

I was told that the law was enacted because "they" got tired of having to get stuck planes out of the high mountain lakes (the old you can land shorter than you can take off...). I am not sure if that is the correct reason, but it is the only one I have ever heard.

I was told that the law was enacted because "they" got tired of having to get stuck planes out of the high mountain lakes (the old you can land shorter than you can take off...). I am not sure if that is the correct reason, but it is the only one I have ever heard.

So a blanket ban on landing on water? :mad2: Sounds about right.

I didn't know you had water suitable to land on unless it was frozen.

We do actually (except that we call them reservoirs :rolleyes: )

I live five miles from just one such body of water. Stagecoach Reservoir is longer than it is wide, aligned with the prevailing wind, and has excellent approach and departure terrain.

I heard a different story. Apparently there was some one-time offer by the Feds in the 1930's to take liability for aircraft accidents on public waterways. For whatever short-sighted reason, Colorado didn't take advantage of the offer and has never wanted to allow it since.

That's what I heard, anyway. Haven't checked the validity. I think the Seaplane Pilots Assn. has the details in their book, if I remember correctly.

Received all of this from a pilot who refuses to join the Colorado Pilots Assn. because "they don't try to do anything about it". A discussion with CPA leadership at last year's Christmas party seemed to indicate that if a properly motivated person wanted to pursue it, CPA would support them, and it was likely to go nowhere.

With changes in the leadership at the Colorado Board of Aeronautics, the outcome is probably even more of a mystery. That was the commentary, and I'd add that with the State government budget weakness like many States right now, it's probably way down the list to create new rules, regulations, and licensing might have to be voted upon by the taxpayers due to TABOR.

I passed the info back to the complainant who immediately said he didn't have time and never spoke to me about CPA ever again.

Bottom line... If someone knows a State Senator who'd benefit significantly from a float-plane business in their district, it'll get done. Otherwise, it's a lost cause, IMHO.

Convince a politician or one of their family members or donators to open a fly fishing business on a river with fly-in access, and it'll be done in months. ;) ;) ;)

This will always be my favorite find. Why wont my wife let me have it? I will get it done.

Kevin

Attachments

• 100_7405.JPG
    100_7405.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
colorado doesn't want to contaminate all that water that they are withholding from nebraska and kansas

colorado doesn't want to contaminate all that water that they are withholding from nebraska and kansas

Actually, I think most of the water from Colorado flows towards the left coast...

Actually, I think most of the water from Colorado flows towards the left coast...

Well the last time I flew over the Continental Divide the water seemed to be flowing equally east, and west, but that was just my casual observation. :D

Far less water falls on the East side of the State than the West side. Winter storms (generally) run into the Western Slope, get pushed uphill, and precipitate.

The big exception are "up-slope" storms from Low Pressure sitting near Four Corners that works its way across the northern New Mexico border.... counterclockwise flow drags moisture up from the Gulf of Mexico and shoves it uphill on the East side, and when it gets to the foothills along the East side of the Rockies, we get dumped on. Big time.

Doesn't happen nearly as often as the normal Arctic wave activity running into the West side of the Colorado Rockies.

Back