Bar Harbor ME Island Explorer Shuttle

bkspero

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
bkspero
We will be in Portland ME for a few days in early September and am thinking of going to Bar Harbor for a day using the Island Explorer Shuttle to get around. I saw a favorable recommendation on the shuttle in a post from over 10 years ago, and am looking for more recent feedback on doing this. What do you think?

I’ve looked into it in the past, but no first hand knowledge. There was a comment on ForeFlight from 2 years ago mentioning the explorer, but oddly very little mentioned from pilots; seems most either rent a car or use the crew car.

The FBO folks at Bar Harbor are really nice - I'm sure a call to them will give you all the options. They have two crew cars and will reserve you one if you call ahead.

The FBO folks at Bar Harbor are really nice - I'm sure a call to them will give you all the options. They have two crew cars and will reserve you one if you call ahead.
Good suggestion. Thanks. My plan for tomorrow. :)

I spoke with the Bar Harbor FBO today. They told me that the shuttle is a good option for transport to the city, and that when we plan to be there on Labor Day the airport and town are going to be crowded. Based on that I didn't ask about a crew car.

Back