Anyone else noticed a lot of rain?

I have read that agricultural conservation agreements are in the process of being worked out.

Yeah, I heard they are working things out to conserve up and down central CA. Few things in the way are the delta Smelt of course, and Mexico wants their water in the Laguna Salida restored. The Salton Sea wants to be made whole as well. I say we tell Mexico to pizz off, work on some hydroscaping for the big ag guys in CA who do produce a bounty of food, and see if we can trickle a bit into the Salton, or ask Mexico to let us build an aqueduct up there. Of course, knowing that this would be the sensible approach to things, it'll never happen that way.:D

I can't say that I'm a fan of California politics, but it is a very large and very important part of the United States. I feel just as bad for those experiencing the drought as I do for those experience the floods.

In times like this, we all need to pull together and help each other out. I'd rather send relief money to California than Pakistan.

The problem is, the politics and drought are interconnected. I don't mean to say that everyone outside of CA hates the citizens of CA. I mean that overpopulation and the resulting higher cost of living (food, houses, etc) is a problem of their own making. So as the Colorado runs dry, and Lake Mead in the process, California (and the politics therein) will get no sympathy from me because they didn't plan for it. It's fine to feel for people affected by natural disasters (floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc) but the water shortage problem is as much self-inflicted as anything else.

Nevada isn't much better trying to create an oasis in the desert, but they've managed to tame their usage quite a bit over the past decade.

There was a nasty thunderstorm here yesterday and it's supposed to rain today and tomorrow.

Back