Anybody train at SkyBlue Flight Academy in WPB Florida? South FL/Treasure coast options

ChrisJupiterFL

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
Hey everybody. I’m 40 and interested in flying (minimum PPL). I’m located in Jupiter Farms, FL and am luckily located about 20 minutes from the North Palm Beach County Airport. I feel like it’s not a very busy airport, but I could be wrong about that. I’m also fairly close to Stuart’s Witham Field. I’ve scanned Reddit and various message boards and still don’t have the clearest idea of where the best schools around me are. I’ve read the Google and Facebook reviews, looked at Reddit and on here. I visited Skyblue (part 61) at the North Palm Beach County Airport close to my house a few days ago and am considering a discovery flight over there. I got a decent vibe over there although I don’t know a thing. I’ve got the money, so I wouldn’t have to finance if I wanted to go the entire commercial airline pilot route. Of course, this is if I really enjoy that discovery flight, so I’m thinking kind of far ahead. I’ve also reached out to ATP for pricing info and definitely have seen mixed reviews. It would probably be a better option if I had to use financing which I don’t. Their closest location is a 35 minute drive for me, so it’s on the table but definitely wouldn’t be my first choice. Skyblue was a lot cheaper for their PPL program. I’d like to bang out this thing as fast as possible if I was really interested in it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
I’ll just say stay away from Aviator College in Ft. Pierce. Two fatal crashes in nine months with CFIs at the controls.
In one accident, the pilot was practicing shutting down one engine in the multi-engine plane, the other a wing came off.

Back