Aerocruze 100 'Sensor Error' message

erkmann

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
erkmann
I'm in my third year of using the Aerocruze 100 in my 182 but when powered up it goes from 'Vision 385R PV.40' to 'SENSOR ERROR' accompanied by an audio alert, and will not engage. No change in cycling the power.

Can't seem to find any discussion of this.

Thoughts?

Where are you located? I would recommend you try swapping it the head to see if it is an internal problem in the programmer. Where are you located?

Where are you located? I would recommend you try swapping it the head to see if it is an internal problem in the programmer. Where are you located?
St. Louis, MO

As I recall, the one 'sensor' in the system is the trim sensor for elevator. Not sure where that is in the 182 installation, but might be worth looking to see if the wires there are secured.

As I recall, the one 'sensor' in the system is the trim sensor for elevator. Not sure where that is in the 182 installation, but might be worth looking to see if the wires there are secured.
It actually knows pitch and roll attitude too, Darryl. Take the head out of the mount and move it in roll or pitch, and flight control movement is immediate and fast. Makes sense, because most every autopilot monitors attitude and corrects for it immediately no matter what mode you're in (Alt Hold, Heading Hold, GPSS, etc.), because if an attitude change is left unchecked, altitude or heading deviations will soon follow. Anyway, could be roll or pitch attitude sensors too.

It actually knows pitch and roll attitude too, Darryl. Take the head out of the mount and move it in roll or pitch, and flight control movement is immediate and fast. Makes sense, because most every autopilot monitors attitude and corrects for it immediately no matter what mode you're in (Alt Hold, Heading Hold, GPSS, etc.), because if an attitude change is left unchecked, altitude or heading deviations will soon follow. Anyway, could be roll or pitch attitude sensors too.
To clarify what I was saying, there's one 'external' sensor, which on the Piper, is part of the elevator control rod installed under the back seat. Of course, you're correct that the control head has a bunch of sensors...

Back