2 inches bigger and I am having trouble making it fit

C182- Ipad Mini with Ram mount suction cup, on the left side of the windscreen. No interference with any controls. Works great there and easy to see. I first tried it on a kneeboard, but flying in the soup, and looking up to the panel and back down to the IPAD was not good.

So my mini finally quit running foreflight because these companies need more of my money.
I opted for the larger not mini because my eyes are not getting any younger and also it was cheaper.

Any of you guys that are packing a couple extra inches have a good way to mount it?
In my plane it has to be on the yoke as that is the only place I have real estate. Or if someone knows of a cool retractable arm that could attach to a seat base and I could some how rotate it up to be at my 2 o clock.

At any rate the mini mounted to my yoke but that mount won't accommodate the girthier model.
I sat in the plane with this and I need something that attaches to the pole behind the yoke with an arm that comes up from underneath and slightly to the right for optimal positioning.

View attachment 132872
Oh…. You’re talking about iPads!

Just a question: Since I have used yoke mounts in Cessnas, Mooneys, Bonanzas, Pipers (but not Diamonds*). When I hear "too close or too far or in the way," I always wonder what people have tried. RAM and its competitors provide multiple lengths of double-socket arms and you can combine them to get some very interesting angles. In one airplane I ended up bringing the arms down under the yoke rather than the usual over it.

Too close to the handles? Maybe a slightly longer arm or combining two shorter ones would do the trick?
I agree wholly. That’s why I bought a double ball extension. I tried the over position and it wasn’t ideal. After reading you mention earlier about the under the yoke mount, I’m optimistic this will work! I’ll let you know how it works out. I’ll even try to remember to take pictures.

I agree wholly. That’s why I bought a double ball extension. I tried the over position and it wasn’t ideal. After reading you mention earlier about the under the yoke mount, I’m optimistic this will work! I’ll let you know how it works out. I’ll even try to remember to take pictures.
Under is not perfect either. There can be a tendency for gravity to pull things down if there is any looseness or give. And in some airplanes, it might hit your knees. The idea is really just that there are a few placement options that are not pure upright.

Back