1978 Aerostar 601P for sale.

stratobee

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
stratobee
The time has come to unfortunately sell my beloved 1978 Aerostar 601P, as I have other financial commitments. I've spend over $140K+ on this in last year - everything firewall forward is new or overhauled. All SB's all AD's complied with. Great plane that's been well taken care of and she flies like a dream, very reliable. A rocket that burns 25gph doing 200-210kts. Just pick her up and fly away.

I will post link to Controller ad when it posts, but for now here are the facts:

Airframe:
3556 TT

Engines:
L/R: 40 SMOH (done by One Stop Aviation in Oceanside, CA)
Turbo's O/H
Wastegates O/H
All accessories O/H
All hoses new firewall forward
Throttle cables new
Mixture cables new
Prop cables new
Overhauled turbo scavenge pumps

Props:
L/R: 64 SPOH. De-iced.
New style V-hubs without the AD.

Avionics:
Garmin 430 WAAS full IFR
Collins NAV/COM
Collins TXP - just overhauled.
Collins ADF
Bendix W/X Radar - works perfectly
Shadin Totalizer/FF
HSI
Standby Electric AI
Dual GS/ILS
Century IV A/P - works like a charm and captures

Exterior:
Paint 8/10. White with maroon and black stripes. A coaster sized missing on glass fibre tailcone. Some slight ice damage on fuselage R side. Will be delivered waxed and shiny.

Interior:
The usual late 70's style. I'd say 6/10. Upholstery is good and everything works fine, just not very stylish or modern. Mid seat swivels and can be made into a bed. Has foldable table.

Upgrades:
Machen Inconel Exhaust
Machen VG kit
Machen Heavy duty drag brace
Machen heavy duty torque links
New battery
Aux Hydraulic
Air Conditoner electric (needs a little refill, I think)
New discs
New pads
Eng fire detection kit upgrade
De-iced wings (boots in good shape)
Alphabeam LED landing lights
De-iced hot plate

Annual:
In annual until July 2015.
All AD's and SB's complied with

PRICE: $169.900

Aerostars are extremely well supported aircraft, and there are a million upgrades available for those that wish to "grow" with their plane. Parts are easy and plentiful and it is an economical plane to run.

I prefer to use a title company/escrow, as it protects all parties. Please PM me if interested.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
More pics:

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 108
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 77
?

40 hrs since major overhaul. Is that what you meant? TT is same as airframe time.

No, sorry, TIO 540 -U2A, - AA1A5. And I think there was another - number with an S? If it has the U2As, I may have someone who may be interested, though I think he's swaying towards a 421 for the potty. How much fuel/range do you have? What is Full Fuel Payload? Primary mission is family of four from the NE to SoFL.

Last edited:
Oh, OK. They're IO-540-S1A5's.

I have about 5hrs of range (165gal usable), with 1hr of reserve, so 6 in total. 1000nm range with VFR reserves is no problem. Fuel gauges are newly calibrated and very accurate. Empty weight is 4400lbs MTOW is 6000lbs, so full fuel still gives 600lbs to play with.

Last edited:
That's a beauty! You are getting another plane right?

One day, I will own an Aerostar, one day! Very nice bird.

I want this plane. I deserve this plane. I am entitled to this plane.

Now, will someone write the check for me so I can have it? lol

Looks very nice. If I had a mission for it I'd be interested. It's just me and the wife and dog, over south and front range, so the single I'm in will hold me.

GLWS, I think it's priced very fair with the engine and prop numbers.

I want this plane. I deserve this plane. I am entitled to this plane.

Now, will someone write the check for me so I can have it? lol

Looks very nice. If I had a mission for it I'd be interested. It's just me and the wife and dog, over south and front range, so the single I'm in will hold me.

GLWS, I think it's priced very fair with the engine and prop numbers.

I hear gofundme works well for raising recreational flying money.

I hear gofundme works well for raising recreational flying money.

"Ebola is set to destroy life as we know it. Please help me save America! There are many who have been exposed and are in denial. Don't let them destroy this great country of ours! If I can raise $300k, I will be able to procure and operate a specially configured vehicle to transport these deniers quickly to a small, sparsely populated island in the Caribbean. All you need to do is first, donate to my cause, then second, trap these awful people and put them in a bio-hazard containment suit. I will then come to your location and take them away. No, really, I promise, once I make a few trial runs to and from the aforementioned island, I will be there!

Donations can be made in any amount, but please consider helping at the Patriot's Club level of $10k. I will then personally inscribe your name at an oceanfront memorial made of calcium carbonate to commemorate your support."

Wow she's a beauty. Someone is going to get a tremendous plane.

Aircraft has been placed with Don Smith at Aerostar World in Dothan, Alabama. Flew her in last week and dropped her off. I've been working like crazy this year and have missed opportunities to show it etc, so this is the best solution for me right now. Also, he has a lot more traffic from people that are already into Aerostars. I also bought it from him and can highly recommend him.

Don's outfit is a full service center with both maintenance, training and sales of only Aerostars. Don has a mind boggling 17000hrs in Aerostars alone, used to work for Ted Smith and knows everything there is to know about them. He can do upgrades, train you, annual, pre-buy right there. Want an upgrade? Don has a used part on the shelf. It's a full stop shop.

Plane isn't up on website yet, but should be in a week or so. Price is as previously lowered $145K. So for those interested, please contact Don:

http://www.aerostarworld.com

Back